GIA Alumni Pearl Tour - Paspaley Pearls

OMG! What could you do with that walnut size pearl that would be comfortable to wear? I could only imagine...The colors are amazing

Your photos are amazing, the pearls are luscious. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ingykiz said:
OMG! What could you do with that walnut size pearl that would be comfortable to wear?

Well.... pendant, on a long, long Y chain :cool: Pretty good arrangement if you like to play with your pearl too. Not advisable to wear in a house with cats though ;)

Basically, you give me the pearl and I'll cope somehow... :rolleyes:

thanks for the reports! very interesting, good photography, and really nice pearls!

how many "walnut" pearls pop up during a harvest? i remember seeing a long wire-wrapped "walnut" necklace at the jewelmer fashion show and was wondering how long they have to wait to complete the necklace.

GemGeek, thank you for the great reports! The pictures are breathtaking, all these piles of pearls! I also love their pet sharks )

Well, I was expecting to see my pendant here. I had fun looking for it!! :)

Yes indeed. It was so sweet to have access to such beauty. I can only imagine how much fun your job can be! :cool:

Thanks for the bump Blaire I appreciate it.

Do you know what compound they use to polish the pearls on the buffing wheels and in the tumblers?

Where is the fainting emotican? Got to have one added!!!

Wow, I got goose bumps/...The luster & color of the Betty Flintstomes pair & that big last round...

OOOOhhhhhh...

Polish....guess that's a trade secret...has to be very fine...I'd be interested

If I'm ever in Australia again.I hope to be as long as I beat this cancer.

Mom lives on the other side in north NSW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMN_a1tJDLo

They have samples of the pearls from the first harvest in 1956 & best samples from harvests with a few gold/

Last edited:
Oh lovely Paspaley pearls. It's good to learn something new everyday.

Back