eBay "Lap of Luxury LA" FAKE South Sea Pearls - Platinum Triangle Estate Jewelry

They do have an antiqued look to them. P.T. Barnum lives on.

Even an absolute novice like me sure understands this is not worse anywhere near 12 K, but what this even is?

Well, this is what I wrote:

"Hello, Sad to say, these pearls are not South Sea, rare or 100 years old. these are Chinese bead nucleated freshwater pearls and worth at most a few hundred dollars. If you actually believe they are South Sea or paid much for these pearls, you were swindled. I am a member of the pearl-guide.com pearl police, and have a Graduate pearls degree…"

And this is the reply:
"This is what a fellow antique dealer told me and sold to me for thousands of dollars. I will investigate further. Thank you for your concern. I will take the listing off until further info. is revealed. I have been selling and buying for over 20 years and have never come across a situation like this. Furthermore I work closely with Appraisers and Gemologist's myself. "

~hmmmmm

think all these comments here are just against this seller, but don't forget this seller has a 100 % positive feedback :)

Feedback means nothing. You can only leave feedback for 45 days and most don't take their jewelry in to be appraised, just believing the seller. Those who do in many other cases with ebay pearls are told to keep the item and the money is refunded. You can't leave negative feedback then.

I am surprised they stopped the auction Pattye. I wrote to them saying the same thing over 6 months ago.

How very dare you people ruin my chance to purchase these spectacular and very rare pearls!

*just kidding

Back