Dripping in Pearls?.. Literally!

It appears that not only Calvin Klein loves pearls........

I gotta ask who's bright idea was it to leave $150K dress unattended in a hotel room?!

I mean you wouldn't just leave $150K in cash sitting on the counter in a hotel room would you?

That's a good point! I doubt the dress could fit in the hotel vault, lol, and she was probably doing the Hollywood 'circuit' after the Oscars, but still should have made better arrangements for a dress as valuable as this.

The story of the dress continues!
I don' think this will be the last of it.

Haha, oh Lord! :) My SO and I spent about minutes going back and forth on this one - I can see both color versions, depending on the angle that I view it on my computer.

Seems likely they had to be fakes....would standing up under the weight of that many real ones be possible. Although the publicity claimed real. I've carried some bags of pearls around these last few days and am thusly reminded

I think this is such a shame. It was a beautiful dress worn by a beautiful woman. The dress' worth is surely not just the value of its component parts, be them high end Japanese Akoya or pretty faux pearls, it was a stunning design which must have taken a huge amount of skill and time to create. I hope they can repair the damage so that it can be seen again.

In some pictures the pearls look like metallic CFW pearls, but in others they don't look like metallics. And they are very round. Suspiciously so.

Ah ha -- I thought so from the first!

But the claim that they are fake comes from the thief. I don't believe they took the dress in for an expert appraisal...according to the report the thief took two pearls to the garment district. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think that sounds definitive at all...sounds more like a defense...the dress was not high value when stolen, therefore the charge might be petty theft rather than grand larceny. I'm not buying that the dress was made of fake pearls....especially because it was photographed during production by Vogue (I think it was Vogue...it was one of the big magazines).

I wonder if we'll ever know the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

Something about all of this "theft" is off. Thief calls TMZ with location of returned dress etc. ... TMZ calls police etc. ??? I don't buy it.

Some people will do anything for publicity or to be recognized...

Back