Do real men wear pearls?

So here is a new bracelet I made, for my son, using a jadeite ring, a large Tahitian pearl, and leather cord. IMG_3768.jpg
And I had to snap this atop the new keshi, because they look great against leather...so good in fact, that I accidentally photographed the back side of the bracelet (the knots look much better right side up).
And here it is with knots on the topIMG_3770.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome. I reminds me if a stainless steel ringed necklace I have with a Tahitian pearl center. Those keshi would look good in leather bracelet too!!!!

These shots are for Purr's request:

snake 2.jpg

snake 3.jpg

My little white fuzzball getting some sun too.

I don't know which I like better, the snake bracelet or the doggie. OK, both.

And I love the pearl with the jade ring bracelet, too. I'd wear that, but men like it, too. Irish Spring Soap comes to mind for some reason.

Last edited:
I don't think she will sit still for that...it is a bit heavier than she would allow. I thought she'd be cool in it too.

BPDDC, I LOVE that snake bracelet. I bet it would look fantastic on your pup too. Great photos of both!

I kinda dig GSSP too (again never really thought about it):

GSSBrace.jpg

GSSPearls.jpg

Love all the "men in pearls" photos. I think men look great in pearls! That commentor is surely just jealous, BlackPearlDudeDC, and I'm sorry you were subject to that kind of rudeness. After 3 Ruckus trips, caviar and oysters, Walter is getting a Kamoka Pearl on leather to wear, as a belated birthday gift ... hasn't arrived yet as Celeste was changing the setting. Then I have to figure out how to tell him, and get him to wear it ... :)

Show Walter that picture of Pierce Brosnan...I mean if it is good enough for 007, then why the heck not:

e1fc78dd09696833ee7af7e61927358d.jpg

Love all the "men in pearls" photos. I think men look great in pearls! That commentor is surely just jealous, BlackPearlDudeDC, and I'm sorry you were subject to that kind of rudeness. After 3 Ruckus trips, caviar and oysters, Walter is getting a Kamoka Pearl on leather to wear, as a belated birthday gift ... hasn't arrived yet as Celeste was changing the setting. Then I have to figure out how to tell him, and get him to wear it ... :)

As expected Hubby is wearing the Tahitians to the gem show today...I grabbed this shot of him just now. (Forgot to photograph his Tahitian keshi stud earring., though.)
Off to the show!

Attachments

• Hubby wearing Tahitians.jpg
    Hubby wearing Tahitians.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 24
Pearl Dreams, your hubby looks fantastic in his Tahitians!

BlackPearlDudeDC, love that shot of Pierce Brosnan ... I'll give it a try, though Walter is more Indiana Jones than 007 :)

It is fun for sure :). I have a snake-head labradorite bracelet getting a restring now. ( Usually hook them together to make a chain)

Hubbs is looking terrific! Those are some fab pearls!! Bravo!! Kudos to you, too, Pearl Dreams!

BPDDC, I may have said it before, but I do love your snake clasp bracelet!

Okay show him this and say it is a super metallic black freshwater pearl LOL

Actor-Harrison-Ford.jpg

Pearl Dreams, your hubby looks fantastic in his Tahitians!

BlackPearlDudeDC, love that shot of Pierce Brosnan ... I'll give it a try, though Walter is more Indiana Jones than 007 :)

LOL, that's great, BlackPearlDudeDC :) As I never could convince Walter to wear an earring, his pearl will be a large, colorful, circled baroque on leather cord ... we'll see .....

Okay...I now have a goal to shoot for!!!! I really really like this look and those pearls, what a score for him!
I am very partial to the "Black" pearl so this is the tops for me lol (well a strand of premium SOC would be ideal too)

As expected Hubby is wearing the Tahitians to the gem show today...I grabbed this shot of him just now. (Forgot to photograph his Tahitian keshi stud earring., though.)
Off to the show!

Just came across these recent posts; wifi has been spotty in my travels - just have to chime in that I LOVE your necklace and bracelet, BPDDC!

The other manly pearly looks posted here are great, too.

Kudos to all you guys who are secure enough to proudly sport this beautiful gem! And BPDDC, we'll have to trade stories one of these days...

Glad you like them on him! He got a compliment from two vendors at the gem show today. (This isn't a pearl show. No pearls to speak of, just a few commercial grade loose strands at one booth.)

Back