Do real men wear pearls?

Nice shot. Wish you success with that collection.

I agree with you. Pearls are for men, especially the Tahiti ones.
Here is one guy wearing one of mine, he is designer and runs a fashion boutique in "Le Marais" quarter in Paris.
And when a customer says about my rubber bracelets and pearls : " a man can also wear it" , I answser : "it is for men and women can also wear it":cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0694-cliclasp-interchangeable-bracelet-tahiti-pearl.jpg
    IMG_0694-cliclasp-interchangeable-bracelet-tahiti-pearl.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 43

Attachments

• Maison de la Perle auction 3.jpg
    Maison de la Perle auction 3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Maison de la Perle auction 1.jpg
    Maison de la Perle auction 1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Maison de la Perle auction 2.jpg
    Maison de la Perle auction 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 37
Pierce Brosnan was mentioned in one of those older threads with this picture. :D

Attachments

• PierceB.jpg
    PierceB.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39
And someone posted a link to Gellner's website with this model a while back. I wonder where those posts are?...too lazy to search.

Attachments

• Gellner pearl.jpg
    Gellner pearl.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 39
Cathy,

That Bracelet is awesome! Love it!

Cheers
Ash

With all those impressive new photos, maybe the conclusion is that you are only a real man, if you wear pearls :D

- Karin

Good call Karin

Rusty

I think most of the men or boys doesn't wear the pearls as their chain.But in few cases I saw some men had wear them as a ring.

Is it actually such a topic to be amazed like this. If Man do wear pearls then what' s such big issues and I think at present anything you feel like wearing becomes a fashion statement itself.

No, none what so ever, in actuality, Jandujohny12. We, pearlies, are just suckers for more generative conversations on benign nacreous substances whether they adorn men, women, dogs or cats (not kidding, quite a few posts and picures abound) for that matter. Perhaps you could in turn show us what you think is worth shouting about. Cheers.

I've seen more men wearing pearls on TV recently. The CEO of Diamond ResortS in the show "Undercover Boss" wears a leather Tahitian bracelet. The pearl is quite large at about 15mm. Steven Tyler of American Idol wears multiple leather Tahitian necklaces on the show.

Last edited:
I am wear a Tahitian pearl on leather necklace that bought in Tahiti. I also have Tahitian baroque cufflinks that I bought from PP last month. I also have a pair of vintage mikimoto cufflinks circa 1954, but i don't wear those often. I don't know any other guys that wear pearls, but it's nice to be different. Tahitians are fine for a guy, maybe golden SS as cufflinks. I don't think I have ever seen a guy with an akoya around his neck.

Real boys can wear pearls, even if real men can't. See this real boy, for example:

attachment.php

Back