Did I read somewhere?

Kelly

Further to my other thread about ordering more exotics, did I read somewhere that the smaller ones have a sharper metallic lustre that the larger sizes? Can anyone confirm or dispel that? :confused:

I'd say, with the ones I have in stock, that the larger are a bit softer, but that is true of all pearls. I think it may be more in the way we perceive the lustre against the area of nacre.
y

I think overall the colors are better with the smaller pearls, but mainly because there are a lot more smaller pearls produced, so there are more to choose from - but we made a lot few of the larger strands. The luster is quite consistent.

It really comes down to a percentage of the pearls available, and for genuine rounds (less than 3% deviation) with colors like gold and silver over pink and lavender, make up a very small percentage of production and are reserved for loose pearls - which is why your strand is .6 - .9 drilled from side to side on each pearl.

In the smaller strands you sometimes see a perfect metallic white pearl or two. These are very few and far between in the larger strands.

Right-O. I like sharp metallic lustre, but don't want to sacrifice that on a larger string of pearls. Sounds like I won't have to. I appreciate the insider scoop :).

Back