Colorful tahitians from Gambier Islands

053.jpg

Hi everybody !

Very happy to join this very interesting community of pearls lovers. English is not my native langage but will try my best contribute as often as possible.:)
Tahitians are known for offering a great range of beautiful colors, here is a selection of pearls I recently brought back from Mangareva, in the Gambier Islands (1600km from Tahiti !).
A few photos of tahitian pearls with "suspicious colors" recently circulated on the internet but I think the colors shown on this photo are pretty close to what our eyes can see...
Hope you will enjoy this one.

Are these magnificent pearls from Robert Wan or another farmer on Gambier Islands?

Last edited:
They remind me of Justin Hunter's Fijian harvest, and Josh Bazar's and Jeremy's trip. Did that movie ever get released?

Hi,
Thanks for the comments.
Nora, Robert Wan has several farms in The Tuamotu (especially South Marutea, he is the owner of the atoll) and Gambier islands (Mangareva) but these pearls are not from one of his farm...
Some of them will stay in my colection and for the other ones, maybe you should visit my facebook page or PM...:)

love the aubergine ones :cool:

thanks for posting them

The CPAA sells a six DVD set of the pearl vid tour. I got mine a few weeks ago and have to watch them all this weekend to write a review. I'm betting that they sell them on their website. Cultured Pearl Association of America.

The blues and greens are gorgeous!

DK :)

Back