New to this forum...

You will do just fine, Sokie! Pattye's Serafil and Beaders Secret are very forgiving.

It's strong thread but not impossible to break, so I suggest testing it before making your necklace-- try breaking a piece on purpose. Then you'll know how hard you can safely tug when tightening the knot.

Last edited:
Welcome, and wow what a way to introduce yourself! Those pearls are very pretty and compliment you nicely. I echo the calls to learn how to knot...you cannot harm the pearls in trying, and it won't cost you very much at all to experiment. Once you learn, you will want to string everything!

Welcome, Sokie! We are all delighted to have you.

I think that is a fabulous find. They are breathtaking! I am green with envy.

Please do share photos of any more pearls you have/buy in the future! You have a great eye.

Your strand is wonderful, so shiny.I have a pastel light silver green strand from Pearl Paradise it's strung in silk, but it is their version of a silver gray, I LOVE IT. I just bought "Gray" Beader's and it's a little more gray than I want for my remodeled green/blue and silver rope. I might try Stone, Sand, or Fog in Beader's but I haven't visually look at it with the pearls yet.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, oh my, I'm so overwhelmed by your wonderful comments and warm welcome, thank you so much.:eek:

julibeth
Thank you and exelent advice, I will do that.

CathyKeshi
Good for you, do you have any pictures of your freshwater bracelet, I would love to see it.

MSC
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Jersey Pearl
Tank you so much! I must say to you that I am a big fan of your craftsmanship, all these wonderful necklace that you have created. Absolutely wonderful.

lary007
Thank you so much lary007. Tahitians are dangerous and now I want more LOL.:rolleyes:

Frost Me
Thank you so much. Do you have any photos of your pastel light silver green, I would love to see them.

Two days ago, I ordered beaders' Secret thread, needles and french wires from Pattye. The colors I chose was Mist, Sky Blue and Aqua and I found an old clasp at home, nothing fancy but it will be okay for now, I can always change it later to something nicer.

More pictures, I can not help myself.:rolleyes:
IMG_7094.jpg
IMG_7095.jpg

They look great in all the photos.

I notice you have been experimenting with different pearls being the center pearl. (Or it seems that way.)
One advantage of stringing them yourself is that you can arrange them the way you like best. I have rearranged the pearls in almost every finished strand I bought.

Hi Pearl Dreams
Now when I look at the pictures I see that the necklace is not centered on my neck, I have not experimented with it just yet. I have ordered a bead board and when I receive it I will play with my pearls.;)
My first thought with these pearls was that I wanted to do a Gellner Big Bang necklace thanks to you peoples amazing Big Bang creations here on the forum, but I decided to have it as a pearlcollier instead. I have to save money so I can buy more pearls and finally make a big bang necklace and I have my sight set on Jac, thepearlhouse, for more pearls.
Pearls are truly addictive. LOL

If I may give you a suggestion, when it's time to lay them out on the bead board, make sure you wherever in the house the light shows the pearls at their truest colors.

Pearl Dreams

Thanks for the tip, I will do that.
Yes, I have seen how different they look in different lights and different backgrounds. It's really fun to experiment with the pearls.

Welcome Sokie and enjoy your strand! It's gorgeous. ;)

Back