Carolyn Ehret, her pearls, and Josh in Tucson...

Blaire: Thank you so much for sharing! Your travel logs are never disappointing. I truly don't know which I like better, seeing all the pearls, or seeing these people who have become my long-distance family. Josh -- VERY VERY HOT!

GemGeek said:
And a faboo pendant and ring. The background pearls are a hank I bought from another vendor and that will be another post....

Yes, I may never retire. I'll just have to sell a lot of jewelry to finance my habit! :cool:

Blaire, remember that story about the money lender dude and the emeralds by Clarke Ashton Smith(thread got nuked)? And the nasty formless horror at the end of it? I'm just reminding you.

Slraep

Blaire, remember that story about the money lender dude and the emeralds by Clarke Ashton Smith(thread got nuked)? And the nasty formless horror at the end of it? I'm just reminding you.

Slraep

LOL - that thread got nuked? I loved that story, Slraep. A good morality tale for all of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slraep

Slraep

LOL - that thread got nuked? I loved that story, Slraep. A good morality tale for all of us...[

Remind me what the story is. I can't remember it- or if I nuked it.By PM if you wish......

:
joshstrand.jpg

Good to meet you too Blaire.
Here's the strand I was wearing. It looks likes it won't be in my hands for long though.:p

Wow, what a gorgeous strand Josh! So, what's the story? Who are you selling them to? I hope you keep some strands for yourself. You ceertainly wear them well.:D

Josh,

gorgeous colour and shape as well as luster. What is the cost for such a quality strand?

After posting I did have a look once again and now I want to know what is the bodycolour of these Tahitians?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, until I actually saw the picture of Josh wearing that strand of Tahitians, I never would have believed that a man could get away with wearing a strand of pearls. A solitary pearl, yes, but not a strand.

Great strand and a great look!

He does look good in them and I think there is some need for brave guys to encourage other not so brave guys:D to buy themselves some nice pearls.

But do you mean then that we would have to SHARE the pearl budget with our significant others??
Nerida.

But do you mean then that we would have to SHARE the pearl budget with our significant others??
Nerida.

As long as the guyes do net get too serious about buying - it?s OK with me, there are lots of pearls out there...

As long as the guyes do net get too serious about buying?
Discovery and acquisition is surely a huge part of the joy we all share. I have, however, promised my wife that I will involve her at an earlier stage in the process from now on. But so far, she doesn't have too many complaints (nothing yet for myself).

Steve

Blaire,

Thanks for the report and beautiful pictures.:) I like the bird, pendant, and ring you got. Enjoy! Carolyn's other pieces are nice too.

Josh,

Your Tahitian pearls are amazing!. How long is the necklace? I think the green and brown overtones lend a more masculine air to the pearls, as compared to the more feminine and very seductively beautiful pink and red pearls Douglas and you showed a while back (I guess some would think the deep wine red color to be more gender neutral). Just my 2 cents. Enjoy Tucson and I hope you make good contacts and bring success to your ecological pearl farm effort.

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone on the forum!:)

Pernula

Last edited:
Josh,
You need to keep those pearls. You looked great in them!

Men have worn pearls for centuries…granted draped in ropes of pearls was the exclusive right and usually the property of royalty, noble houses and noblemen.

That aside, it is 2015 I think a guy that is comfortable with his own manliness has no need to fear his jewelry choices. (Manliness whatever that might mean to the individual). While I think Josh looks great, I've always thought shades of the darker pearls could lend themselves to guys if men gave them a chance. There are so many creative ways to design jewelry for guys, but many guys find jewelry comes with a stigma or preconceived idea sadly, and even more so with pearls. One can only view so many cufflinks in one's lifetime LOL.

These are some Sea of Cortez Keshi I purchased from Carolyn.

(Direct Sun, and Shade)

20150819_134434.jpeg 20150819_134531.jpeg

Back