Bronze Baroque

jeanpn

Community member
This is a 12mm bronze baroque.

Never let it be said I hid my pearls' flaws from my fellow P-G members; and this pearl has a significant flaw:

My question is this: What am I looking at in the middle of this flaw? Is that nacre? Is it the nucleus? I haven't seen many nuclei, but the only ones I've seen are white. My camera just didn't want to focus on that spot. Part of the center has a little sheen to it and the other part does not. I think it would be cool to have a little gold starfish made and glue it over the flaw, though the way it hangs as a pendant it's not visible. Any other ideas?
Jean

Attachments

• bronze11_1.jpg
    bronze11_1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 42
  • bronze4_1.jpg
    bronze4_1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 35
  • bronze7_1.jpg
    bronze7_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 31
  • bronze2_1.jpg
    bronze2_1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 32
  • bronze3_1.jpg
    bronze3_1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 39
Hi Jean,

I don?t think what you see is the nucleus but just another layer of conchiolin or the tiny platelets the industrial oyster puts on..

Perhaps it is the conchiolin as it has no luster, the platelets would probably show luster....

Lovely pearl and the idea with the golden starfish sound very great - wholly new design and if the pendant dangles or swings, sometimes the starfish can be seen, sometimes not!:)

Thank you, Inge. Now I have to find a goldsmith willing to make a little starfish.
Jean

How Sweet, Jean!

A little gold starfish clinging to the pearl! Looking forward to the finished piece--

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I'm still trying to find a goldsmith to do it. If I'm successful I will certainly post pictures.
Best wishes,
Jean

Hi Jean,
I've been away from the board for some time busy making pearls for the most part but just wanted to congratulate you on a rare pearl! Every now and then we get pearls like yours that are circled in two different axis'. For some reason, the rotation of the pearl within the pearl sack shifts and you get crazy lines running through lines. Hold on to it!

Back