18.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Not just dirty -- it looks like it has build-up or a coating. Looks natural and I lurve that centerpiece. What do you think? The scrubbing that would make it look amazing would probably disintegrate the string.

Looks like it was buried in someone's back yard! Lol. Damn, wish I had the money.......

I think they are very dirty and somewhat yellowed with age and perhaps tobacco and they do need a good clean in a salt slush with a soft toothbrush. It would wreck the silk thread but they need rethreading anyway and need knotting. It is a very short necklace at 14.1/2 inches app. So knotting between pearls would help add to the length and if they were mine I would either make them 5 strands instead of 6 strands which would make them wearable or find another similar strand to give them the length. Not an impossible thing to do.

I have similar necklaces to them and will add a couple of photos of one to demonstrate. The others still need photos taken of them. They too were dirty although not quite as dirty as these.

The colour of the Basra pearls on the 6 strand necklace will come up a lot better after a good clean but they will still not be white. Mine are a creamy colour and some are darker than others as the photo will show. My pearls are larger too but basically the same so I believe those would clean up in a similar way.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 44
Oh Dawn, I know that strand very well! Lol....... Love it!

Back