• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Natural GIA ID Pinctada radiata earrings for discussion

Camelotshadow

Katbran

It's in the general area of the Indian ocean and the Western Pacific and also in the Mediterranean . It's harvested around Qatar mainly I think so I assume Bahrain as well since it's just across way , sort of next to each other with a bit of the Persian Gulf between.

That sounds expensive but if they are about 4 carats each then look at Kari pearls ( they sell natural pearls) and check out the prices. Those pearls are undrilled and I have no idea how drilling effects the price..but given undrilled is around $5,000 fora Natural Basra 8 mm ish single pearl... that price of 7000 doesn't seem so bad lol

Camelotshadow

Good to know but its out of my price range even reduced from $8000 but would someday hope to snag a natural pair.
Still color/luster is not all that gloreous but pearls are hard to capture with photos.

8mm is quite large & they are pretty nice off round but decent. Most naturals I see are under 7mm.

Been to Karis site a few times. There is a 8 + mm for $5000...depends on roundness & fineness I gues

6 to 7 mm can be had for under $1000 maybe off round.

This one has a yellow & a cream side so unusual..

http://www.karipearls.com/natural-pearl-for-sale.html

There are a few pieces under $1000 if you wanted natural pearls...not bad...

Last edited: