A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

BAS

Fellow Pearl Peeps. Wanna join me on a pearl adventure through the eyes of a 4 year old? I am a Pre-K Teacher and will be wearing pearls to school every day this year. I am challenging myself to post a quick shot of whatever pearls I am wearing each day to keep a record of what my pumpkins see.

DAY 1:

9-17-15.jpg

Aww, fantastic idea BAS! I wanna join on the pearl adventure (waves hand in air)!

How fortunate they are to see such a beautiful collection in person!

Awww, baby nurse, I bet you would be a "pearl" of a Pre-K student!!!

Nice! My oldest is three and a half now and is pretty intrigued by my pearls, she would be fascinated by your collection! I'm sure your students are.

Well, this is fun!

I'll bet some of those kids grow up to be pearl lovers, after a year of exposure to your beautiful collection!

What a cool idea! I hope you find your little spats; the Appreciative Eye is a gift for some babies, learned from a loving teacher for others.

How big is your class?

What a cool idea! I hope you find your little spats; the Appreciative Eye is a gift for some babies, learned from a loving teacher for others.

How big is your class?

Pre-K is supposed to be capped at 18 with two adults, but in my school there are 20 per class with three adults (sometimes 4 and even 5).

DAY 3:

One 4 year old girl had her paws on the pendant and I told her she can't touch my jewelry!

9-21-15.jpg

My DIL teaches young children and doesn't wear her pearls to work, because she doesn't want them touched. But, since you are making an effort to wear yours here, you might consider bringing a few loose pearls some day for the kiddos to handle and feel. It might help with some of their curiosity about how they feel.

Back