A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

Aww, thanks everyone!

DAY 26: The 75" of my 144" rope was configured differently throughout the day. I wore drop jackets on my diamond studs for the earrings:

10-27-15.jpg

LOVE the rope and the drops.

Please tell us more about your drops. (I'm in drop mode, as if you haven't guessed.)

LOVE the rope and the drops.

Please tell us more about your drops. (I'm in drop mode, as if you haven't guessed.)

I bought two loose drops at a jeweler and asked him to make jackets for my diamond studs. They are just CFW white drops. Nothing special. Not metallic, not super lustrous. But I like their shape and size. and wore them again today.

Ooo, interesting. My mother has a similar looking necklace of rice krispies with carved lapis where you have Tahitians. I think I like your version better.

I love what you've done with your Hanadamas. Just out of curiosity, what mm size are your Hanadamas? And did you get all those pieces out of an 18 inch necklace? Or was it originally longer?

Ooo, interesting. My mother has a similar looking necklace of rice krispies with carved lapis where you have Tahitians. I think I like your version better.

I love what you've done with your Hanadamas. Just out of curiosity, what mm size are your Hanadamas? And did you get all those pieces out of an 18 inch necklace? Or was it originally longer?

The hanadamas are 9 to 9.5mm and they were originally a 26 inch strand. I must say, I went from never wearing them at all to wearing them quite often. Before, they were an awkward length on my short body. I absolutely love them reworked in this way!

DAY 28:

Lavender/champagne ripples with golden souffle earrings:

10-29-15.jpg

The hanadamas are 9 to 9.5mm and they were originally a 26 inch strand. I must say, I went from never wearing them at all to wearing them quite often. Before, they were an awkward length on my short body. I absolutely love them reworked in this way!

Wait, so the hanadama strand and the pearls on the tin cup came from the same strand? The tincup pearls look larger. Do they share the same clasp or are they two separate necklaces? Either way, they are both gorgeous and I love the look of wearing both together!

Wait, so the hanadama strand and the pearls on the tin cup came from the same strand? The tincup pearls look larger. Do they share the same clasp or are they two separate necklaces? Either way, they are both gorgeous and I love the look of wearing both together!

The pearls are exactly the same size and the set is made from a 26" strand. I had them re-worked into earrings, a strand and a tin cup. Separate clasps:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7 2536 2 w

7 3682 3 w

That's cute worn this way! It looks like a peterpan collar, sort of.

Love the triple. I like wearing my clasps in front, too. If you have a fancy clasp, make it the focal point.

Back