A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

Love those triple metallics, and the Bauhaus earrings are a sweet design.

Thank you, thank you. This triple is dear to my heart. It took Jeremy two buying trips to find three perfect strands of metallics that matched in color (white is difficult, you know) and had the nice size graduation:

metallic white triple strand shot.jpg

PP triple metallic April 10.jpg

wow, that three-strand is breathtaking! i have a faux white three-strand that was my great grandmothers and dream of a real one like yours someday! :)

funky -- my metallic white triple was inspired by a tremendously expensive triple I saw at Mikimoto using akoya:

Mikimoto Triple Strand on stand.jpg

And here is Jeremy's version:

metallic white triple strand.jpg

I am a happy camper.

BAS, you must be the most glamorous teacher (pre-K or otherwise) around!

Elisha -- Aww, thanks. What's amazing to me, even after years of it, is that no one seems to notice or comment. Two teachers have said they like my "beads" and I smile and thank them. I don't think people even realize they are looking at pearls... but I love wearing them and I'm wearing them to please myself.

Beads??? How is that even possible. They must be pearl blind...

You have such lovely eye candy. Wish my kid has such a glam teacher. It'll make my day to see what his teacher wears daily. :)

People are funny. If you wear real jewelry with casual/daytime clothes they assume it is faux, and if you wear (even obvious) faux while dressed up, they assume it's real. Context seems to be the key.

Well, I admit, there are often sneakers on the bottom of the person wearing these pearls.

I do love that triple strand. I shudder to think at the cost of the Miki 's ...

I am always amazed that no one knows anything about pearls...but then..most people don't know anything about stones either. So. you are absolutely spot on, you have to buy things for yourself because you love them and not give a stuff what anyone else thinks.. ( and we love em too !! )

What are the lengths of the three strands in your triple, and the size of the pearls?

What kind of clasp did you get?

I just love your triple strand pearl necklace. It is lustworthy.

What are the lengths of the three strands in your triple, and the size of the pearls?

What kind of clasp did you get?

I just love your triple strand pearl necklace. It is lustworthy.

I don't remember precisely at all, but I think the lengths are like 16"/17"/18" and the sizes are like 6mm/7mm/8mm. But those are estimates.

I used a simple WG bar clasp. I'm very happy with the clasp.

DAY 25:

Picture Day at the school, so I had to break out my Hanadama set!

10-26-15.jpg

Back