A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

Oh, those lavendars are beautiful ... and the earrings are stunning!

Thank you, thank you. This triple is dear to my heart. It took Jeremy two buying trips to find three perfect strands of metallics that matched in color (white is difficult, you know) and had the nice size graduation:

View attachment 37959

View attachment 37960

I enjoyed seeing every one of your pieces. You have a stunning collection. This necklace with three in one is superb. They look likes little glowing moons. Can I ask what size of pearls are they right in the middle? Are these really fine salt water pearls Akoya?

Day 37:

11-12-15.jpg

There it is again, my favorite shade of red on you!

I love how the red in your turtleneck picks up the red tones in your Tahitians. It's a good look on you.

I enjoyed seeing every one of your pieces. You have a stunning collection. This necklace with three in one is superb. They look likes little glowing moons. Can I ask what size of pearls are they right in the middle? Are these really fine salt water pearls Akoya?

This triple is a remake of Mikimoto's which is made with akoya. Jeremy thought it would look great with metallic freshwater pearls. As I wrote, it took him a couple of buying trips until he could find the right sizes with matching white colors. I think the strands are somewhere in the 6mm, 7mm and 8mm sizes, give or take. If you love the look -- I'd recommend buying a strand of metallic white CFW from PP.

Each of these pieces looks lovely on you BAS. I especially love the Tahitians!

FYI: this is what happens when I take off my pearls. I wipe them with a clean damp washcloth and place them on a towel-lined tray. When it gets full -- I put all the pieces back in their boxes and start again.

Time to put the pieces back in their boxes:

11-14-15.jpg

I was wondering when the repeats were going to start. I'm impressed.

Loving all the outfits, BAS!

Those lavender dangle earrings are very chic. Do you know the size of the pearls?

Loving all the outfits, BAS!

Those lavender dangle earrings are very chic. Do you know the size of the pearls?

Thanks! It came from the triple which was restrung and shortened. There are many shades of lavender in that triple. I believe they are 7.5 to 8 mm lavender freshwater pearls.

Back