Burma golden pearls, updating data on the market

CLICLASP

Hello PG friends,

Could it be possible to have a statement on cultured pearls from Burma?
I recently wanted to buy large golden pearls and had news from the market stating that Indonesian pearls are staying a short time in the oysters, and get white when drilled, and that Burma's stay a very long time in the oysters getting a thick nacre.
I saw some huge burma pealrs with a magnificent orient, that cost a high amount of money.

Thank you for updating data on Burma cultured pearls.

I can't speak for the Burma pearls.

However, from my research when I was writing the book on the Indonesian SSP last year, I do know that the farmers generally nurture the oysters for two to three more years after they are nucleated (to allow the nacre to grow).

Is that considered a short time?

I can't speak for the Burma pearls.

However, from my research when I was writing the book on the Indonesian SSP last year, I do know that the farmers generally nurture the oysters for two to three more years after they are nucleated (to allow the nacre to grow).

Is that considered a short time?

That's what I was told at the Jewelmer farm as well, about 2 years in the water after nucleation. Color is largely dependent on the genetics of the host oyster, drilling won't have an effect.

I have no idea how long Burmese pearls are in the water but I can't imagine they would be any longer then 2-3 years, but anything's possible I guess.

Drilling could have an effect if the pearls were dyed as the dye might not penetrate right through as far as the nucleus - is that what you meant Cliclasp?

Thank you , just searching for more infos on golden pearls, I am wondering if Burma pearls would come to the market

From my experience with Burma pearl the golden is red golden you can find many in hong kong show

Hello PG friends,

Could it be possible to have a statement on cultured pearls from Burma?
I recently wanted to buy large golden pearls and had news from the market stating that Indonesian pearls are staying a short time in the oysters, and get white when drilled, and that Burma's stay a very long time in the oysters getting a thick nacre.
I saw some huge burma pealrs with a magnificent orient, that cost a high amount of money.

Thank you for updating data on Burma cultured pearls.

Thank you, a beautiful orient as far as I can see on some specimen

Back