Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Love seeing everyone wearing their pearls!

I just recvd a pair of 12mm metallic freshwaters. The luster is great but the photo advertised said they were purple?

In person they are a gorgeous rose gold/mauve, but i am not disappointed at all! Im happy to add these to my collection!

They came half drilled, and i will be turning them into studs!View attachment 467264
I worked overnight editing some coverage of a movie premiere… but the sunlight in my room was nice and soft- so i decided to snap a comparison pic-

Here are those metallic mauve pearls next to:
1. On leather ringed Jewelmer SS gold pearls
2. Gold (dyed?) nuked FWP studs

The gold (dyed?) fwps have the least smooth surface of the group. It looks almost grainy in person? I dont know if those are the dye particles or if its the nature of the nacre of fwps? The metallic mauve look more mirror like in person but do have a similar surface texture but much smoother than the gold ones.

The jewelmer ones on leather have the smoothest/finest surface texture of the bunch.

Attachments

• IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I, too, am really enjoying the PP live events, especially that Black Friday series. There are more events scheduled, too, if anyone needs some eye candy or gifts.
I now understand the value of PP's virtual appointments, and highly recommend the process.

Lately I've been wearing the tiny bead nuked freshwater strand I got from one of the Hong Kong lives that Pearl Paradise did. I don't even remember the mm size of these but man, they are pretty. And so versatile! They strung up at 16 inches which is basically choker length for me, but because it's strung with a lobster claw clasp I was able to attach and extender and make it really any length I want. Can't describe how much I love that!

It's great to wear alone or layer. And they're so impossibly tiny and round and lustrous!

Also, just for fun.. a picture of them next to my largest bead nuked pearls. Quite the difference!
20231211_121746.jpg
20231211_121622.jpg
20231212_220323.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks BWeaves, I really love plump drops.
Today out to lunch with a friend I haven't seen since before the pandemic! Station necklace by Sarah @ Ocean's Cove with tiny GSS and Aquaprase rondelles and drop. Earrings are GSS with tsavorite garnets that are from the PP Black Friday FB Live that Hisano was wearing.

20231215_112725.jpg
20231215_154622.jpg
20231215_154630.jpg

Thanks so much, Katbran! I love the Kasumi pearls, and the keshi have been a rather rare sighting. I have a belly drilled keshi necklace that I got on a visit to the Kojima studio, and I remember Sarah saying they were from a little collection that Mr. Yanase had been tossing into a bag over the years.

Lovely combination, 2thdktr!

A Tahitian ring from Kojima, with earrings and a tin cup I put together.
IMG_2005.jpeg
IMG_8464.jpeg

Thanks so much, Katbran! I love the Kasumi pearls, and the keshi have been a rather rare sighting. I have a belly drilled keshi necklace that I got on a visit to the Kojima studio, and I remember Sarah saying they were from a little collection that Mr. Yanase had been tossing into a bag over the years.

Lovely combination, 2thdktr!

A Tahitian ring from Kojima, with earrings and a tin cup I put together.
View attachment 467317View attachment 467318
Your Tahitians are still my favorites.

Thanks BWeaves, I really love plump drops.
Today out to lunch with a friend I haven't seen since before the pandemic! Station necklace by Sarah @ Ocean's Cove with tiny GSS and Aquaprase rondelles and drop. Earrings are GSS with tsavorite garnets that are from the PP Black Friday FB Live that Hisano was wearing.

View attachment 467314View attachment 467315View attachment 467316
AHA! You're the one who stole my earrings!!!! Wear them in the best of health! They look stunning on you.

To be honest, I have a hard time buying during the live events. I like to think over high priced purchases. I tend to think too long. Even on Kojima's website, I've waited too long and JEG purchased pieces I was drooling over. Good thing I get to live vicariously when everyone here posts photos. Also, you saved my pocketbook, so it's win, win.

I also love your necklace. I have a few pieces from "the other Sarah" from Ocean's Cove on Etsy, too.

Last edited:
Back