Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Back to the mountainous regions. This time to the Gifu Prefecture.
IMG_2895.jpeg

Some of the traditional floats used for the festivals in Takayama.
IMG_2897.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg

The sad thing is, the festival floats are not made to withstand poor weather conditions, so if the weather is not permitting, the substitute floats look something like food carts. That would be a disappointing spectacle. (See that cart to the left😟)
IMG_2877.jpeg

JEG, what an amazing trip.

Yesterday I wore lapis and freshwater pearls, mostly from my Mom. At my last RUCKUS, I swapped out the rather dull 7 or 8 mm akoyas with 9 mm Freshadamas from PP. It really improved the lapis necklace. The Rice Krispies necklace is just a bit shorter than the lapis necklace since I added an orbit clasp to the lapis necklace. Before I restrung it, it didn't have a clasp. Now, they nest really nicely. I used to think the earrings were lapis, but one has a slight asterism in it, so I think they are sapphire cabochons. Really sparkly diamonds in the earrings.

IMG_1845.jpeg
IMG_1846.jpeg

Today I'm wearing La Perlagrina (from Kamoka) and opal and Tahitian earrings and an ombre' tin-cup (from Kojima).

IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg

La Perlagrina is a perfect rainbow shaded drop Tahitian pearl. I love the 18K gold bail.

IMG_1843.jpeg

The earrings are shinier than the pendant, but have a lovely green glow with cherry shimmer all over them. It's hard to capture the flash of the opals, but they look great with the Tahitians. I love the horseshoe earring finding. It's very comfortable and covers any droop in my piercing.

IMG_1844.jpeg

Back to the mountainous regions. This time to the Gifu Prefecture.
View attachment 466758

Some of the traditional floats used for the festivals in Takayama.
View attachment 466759View attachment 466760

The sad thing is, the festival floats are not made to withstand poor weather conditions, so if the weather is not permitting, the substitute floats look something like food carts. That would be a disappointing spectacle. (See that cart to the left😟)
View attachment 466761
I absolutely LOVE your photos! Thank you so much for sharing your tour of Japan. My son and his wife live in Tokyo and I am hoping to be able to visit them next year...with a side trip to Kobe. Safe travels.

Thank you BWeaves and JerseyPearl! i hope you have a chance to visit, JerseyPearl! I usually stay in Tokyo for longer, but this trip has been a lot of on the go between cities and mountains.

Today was a shopping and street food day along the historic streets of Takayama.
IMG_2907.jpeg

I went to both morning markets. There were koi in the river as I was walking to the first market.
IMG_2903.jpeg

Steamed beef buns (like hum bow)
IMG_2919.jpeg
IMG_2923.jpeg

Hida beef sushi
IMG_2932.jpeg

Hida peach ice cream
IMG_2936.jpeg

Senbei (rice crackers)
IMG_2918.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg

Grilled mochi
IMG_2924.jpeg

And these Sarubobo are everywhere. The “Monkey Baby” is a mascot here. I bought one at the market from an elderly lady who made it.
IMG_2901.jpeg

Last edited:
Fabulous photos jeg! Looks like you are having an amazing trip.

Visiting Dad today, so I'm layering up the pearls.

Mom's SS pearl earrings. Pomme de la Mer pendant from PP. Long mixed tin-cup and Everything Bagel rope from Kojima. Every kind of pearl is in these two ropes. The blue Tahitian drop over my heart always jumps out to people. But the gold SS pearls on the other side match the gold SS pearl pendant nicely. Cherry peacock Tahitian ring in yellow gold from Kamoka. Sea of Cortez turquoise and neon pink ring in pink gold from Douglas and PP. The pink colors aren't coming through in the photo.

IMG_1849.jpeg
IMG_1853.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

Thanks Jeremy!

Today I went light weight. 10mm Tahitian studs (cherry peacock) from Ocean's Cove. La Petite Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. The beaded bail is oval, not round. One of my favorite Tahitian tin-cups from Kojima. It's endless (no clasp) and 40" long. I wore it double today. And my Tahitian ring from Kamoka and my SoC pearl from Douglas in the PP Frost setting.

IMG_1862.jpeg
IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1865.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg
IMG_1869.jpeg

Wow, BWeaves- visiting your dad is like dressing for a pearl party!!!

We're back in Tokyo for a few days of shopping before returning home. Staying in the Ginza this time. Everything opens late here so I had time to wander the quiet streets early this morning. I walked by Mikimoto, where it looked like they were creating a wintry window display. I’ll check it out later. Not sure whether I’ll go into the store or not. I don’t like to bother the sales people when I have no intention of making a purchase.
IMG_3012.jpeg

Our last stay in the mountains of Hida, was at a traditional Ryokan. It has been in operation for around 160 years. These lovely people were the 8th generation to care for the inn. It’s a sleepy little town this time of year. Koi swim in the canals throughout the town and are abundant, but they head for warmer waters in a few months.
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg

Visiting Dad today, so I'm layering up the pearls.

Mom's SS pearl earrings. Pomme de la Mer pendant from PP. Long mixed tin-cup and Everything Bagel rope from Kojima. Every kind of pearl is in these two ropes. The blue Tahitian drop over my heart always jumps out to people. But the gold SS pearls on the other side match the gold SS pearl pendant nicely. Cherry peacock Tahitian ring in yellow gold from Kamoka. Sea of Cortez turquoise and neon pink ring in pink gold from Douglas and PP. The pink colors aren't coming through in the photo.

View attachment 466787View attachment 466786View attachment 466785
View attachment 466788
Wow Bweaves..Those pearls sure look amazing. Beautiful!

Back