Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a wonderful summer bracelet eolian pearls.
    You have been creative Jeg, beautiful creations. It's funny that I just opened pearl guide and you have made a pearl and gemstone necklace. I made one myself today. I have been thinking about it for a week but didn't have the time to finish it. In different colors, mine is made out of neon blue apatites and baroque tahitians.

Comment

• Sunshine around the neck, gorgeous!

Comment

• OH WOW! So many pearls since I posted yesterday. I love them all. The ones you ladies have designed and strung yourselves are my favorites.

Comment

• Love seeing all the beautiful pearly creations!
          jeg, you are still on a roll of beauty making!

Comment

• Thanks so much Charlotta, lisa c, BWeaves, and Marianne! Charlotta, I’m thinking about making one out of Tahitians myself. I might rework the last strand I bought in Hawaii with, I think, are Iolite beads. It has a beautiful single off-set pearl, but the weight of it keeps shifting it to the center.

Keeping it simple and light with a freshwater tin cup and seashell earrings. The seashells are from the Marshall Islands and are the brightest white seashells I have ever seen. Not sure what species, but the lip is thick and shiny like a type of cowrie.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	F7191137-6AE8-425F-8A84-C040D30D1AC0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	393803

Name:	8487049B-C985-40FD-9F5B-A7D7937BE8BB.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	393804

Comment

• Eolian, I love the colors & luster of your bracelet! Perfect colors for Summer!!
              My, Oh, My! Jeg you continue to amaze with your creations! You look stunning & are setting the bar high for the rest of us!

As for me, it's so freaking hot that about all I can do today is a pair of silver shoulder dusters with silvery Tahitians.
              Attached Files

Comment

• OH Wow. All the shoulder dusters are beautiful.

Comment

• Gorgeous new earrings Jeg. You are right that sometimes something beautiful isn't all that practical and looks all wrong when worn. I made a pretty tiny tincup chain out of tiny aquamarines and really small akoyas, just with wirewrapping. Had I added just one link between each wirewrapped bead it would look better worn, now the tiny wirewrapping kind of tangles ( not really tangles but angle itself wierd). It's still pretty but I don't have time to adjust my jewelry all the time.
                  Gorgeous earrings 86Corvettegirl.

Comment

• 86C, you are too kind. It’s all for fun, right?! I love seeing everyone’s pearls. And thanks for reminding me about those shoulder dusters that you and Puranha wear so well. I need to make something with flower charms!

I agree Charlotta, I find wire wrapped pieces a little more fussy because the links can lock up. I like the look, though.

Comment

• Thanks, Ladies. Yes, Puranha is such a great inspiration! She's so creative! Like you Jeg, she has been a great muse for me. My neighbor wants me to make her a pair of Tahitian & silver flower earring, just not as long, 2-3 flowers instead 5. It hit 101 today. Just too hot & muggy for any kind of necklace.

Comment

• I love all the creativity being showcased on this thread recently, and over on Charlotta’s thread - so many ideas to be inspired by. Big thumbs up to all the long earrings, in particular. I’m not wearing long dangles at the moment, because the get tangled in my winter coats and scarves, but I’m definitely collecting ideas for the summer.
                        I’m also starting to covet those lighter golden purple strands from Lipearl - such beautiful colours. But I need to wade out of the Sea of Pearly Temptation and make my way back to Ban Island again for a while.
                        Thanks everyone for sharing

Comment

• The rescue boat keeps getting bigger SydK! Speaking of winter, I was looking for some flower charms after seeing 86C’s earrings but some of the ones I really wanted are outside the US. I was thinking I should order some snowflake charms instead because it will take that long to get here. I’m about ready to raid my sea glass collection now...

P.S. SydK, if you find any seashells while wading to shore, let me know!

A copper Tahitian strand from PP with more seashell earrings.

Name:	CE3C7442-2589-4FA3-A5AD-619FBD726A50.jpeg
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	393806

Name:	1B6A7E9A-5C82-452F-927D-CBDC88966783.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	393807
                          Last edited by jeg; 07-21-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Beautiful tahitians Jeg. Snowflake earrings is a wonderful idea.

Comment

• Love the copper tones of your T's Jeg & I really like the contrast of the gemstones with the darker spotted shells!! Snowflake earrings sound fabulous! Elegant Dreams on Etsy is where I got the flower findings & they ship from the US. I haven't looked to see if they have snowflakes, though. Snowflakes with South Seas sound dreamy!

Comment

• Toooooo far behind and toooo many gorgeous pearls !! But that multicolour / size rope jeg ..... always fabulous.

Cathy - oh dear ! That is a bit tricky isn't it. Fortunately it doesn't sound like he's done any damage by following the new guys advice. What a potential disaster that could have been. I hope he's feeling better and the pain isn't too bad, I'm sure it's very achey! Big hugs for Walter and his faithful nurse !!

Cant beat some pretty white drops !! And the cluster is really cute !

BWeaves - I love the colour of the drops. A lovely shape as well. They compliment that fabulous pendant so perfectly. Of all the dyed pearls I've seen, the blue grey look the best. I picked some up a couple of years ago just because the colour was so wonderful !
                                https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Working...
                                X