Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Hahaha- CatMom- the rabbit hole is vast with lots of company:LOL: Your new ring is spectacular! Yes, it’s a small family business and they are so wonderful to work with. I’m not sure if there are videos or pics somewhere here from their sustainable pearl farm. Josh is an excellent photographer- National Geographic photographer. Enjoy wearing that beautiful new ring and I look forward to show and tell of other pearls you collect while down here in the rabbit hole.;)

A white SS rope from Kojima, with a Biwa station chain I put together and Mother of Pearl earrings from Na Hoku, Hawaii.
5010EBDD-CC01-4B6C-B43A-34F0D15220BC.jpeg
2486B781-8B70-47E9-9204-659D9D8E8F31.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a beautiful pearl with great color! I love the way it changes with the light.
Thank you, I do too. Yesterday it was showing almost cherry red in the light I was in but of course it didn't show in a photo.

Hahaha- CatMom- the rabbit hole is vast with lots of company:LOL: Your new ring is spectacular! Yes, it’s a small family business and they are so wonderful to work with. I’m not sure if there are videos or pics somewhere here from their sustainable pearl farm. Josh is an excellent photographer- National Geographic photographer. Enjoy wearing that beautiful new ring and I look forward to show and tell of other pearls you collect while down here in the rabbit hole.;)

A white SS rope from Kojima, with a Biwa station chain I put together and Mother of Pearl earrings from Na Hoku, Hawaii.
View attachment 463793View attachment 463794
LOL, thank you! I loved the personal note from the diver Ben. I don't think my hubby is very happy about this latest obsession although it does give him something new to give me other than opals. I absolutely love your earrings. They are so gorgeous.

Catmom: Aha! You're the one who bought the Kamoka ring. I was eyeing it, but I just bought a ring from Kamoka last year, and couldn't justify buying another. Wear it in the best of health!!

JEG: More gorgeous pearls. That would be my dream SS rope. Nice luster and nice pillowy shapes. Love the Biwa tin cup too.

Here's The Queen worn with my Mikimoto yellow gold Huggies. I was in line at the post office this morning and got several compliments on my necklace. This pearl really is an eye catcher.

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

I'm still waiting on my new Kamoka pendant. I ordered some chains, and I think that is the hold up. Celeste is waiting on the chains to arrive at Kamoka.

Catmom: Aha! You're the one who bought the Kamoka ring. I was eyeing it, but I just bought a ring from Kamoka last year, and couldn't justify buying another. Wear it in the best of health!!

JEG: More gorgeous pearls. That would be my dream SS rope. Nice luster and nice pillowy shapes. Love the Biwa tin cup too.

Here's The Queen worn with my Mikimoto yellow gold Huggies. I was in line at the post office this morning and got several compliments on my necklace. This pearl really is an eye catcher.

View attachment 463801

View attachment 463802

I'm still waiting on my new Kamoka pendant. I ordered some chains, and I think that is the hold up. Celeste is waiting on the chains to arrive at Kamoka.
Well I'm very glad I snatched it first, lol! "The Queen" is gorgeous as are your Miki earrings.

Thank you CatMom and BWeaves! CatMom, I think you’ve opened up a whole new world for your hubby! Either that or a can of worms.:cool: BWeaves, it’s a gorgeous pendant and deserves the royal naming. The Mikimoto huggies are so pretty, too. I think I‘ve told you I had been looking at Mikimoto earrings because I’ll be visiting Mikimoto Island this fall and can also stop by the Ginza store, but I seriously doubt I’ll buy anything there. I’m also visiting the Takahashi office and will for sure make some purchases there.

Wearing a rope and bracelets of circled Tahitians I knotted with pearls from JNB. I made the dangly keshi chain and the pendant is from Hawaii.
E5B08ABE-C9B5-47E0-9F71-BB4B5384DEC7.jpeg
83D8AA22-EC14-48BC-A244-AC0A6B67C0CB.jpeg

JEG I love those circled Tahitians and the chain and the pendant. The bracelets are pretty, too.

I can't wear pearl bracelets. I bang my wrists on things too much. Plus, I can't work the clasps with my left hand. Plus, they'd just snag on my yarns when I weave or braid or spin or sprang. I'm learning sprang. It's what people did to get stretchy fabric before knitting was invented. It's so cool.

Oh shoot. Kamoka is having a flash 20% sale today, AND they've posted new pieces. Finger must not slip.

jeg, those pearls are so gorgeous! I would love to have a long strand like that. I'll add it to my things to aspire to list, lol. My hubby bought me some sweet little Mikimoto earrings from the Ginza store many years ago. They are nothing fabulous but I wear them to this day.

Attachments

• Mikimoto Pearl Earrings3.jpg
    Mikimoto Pearl Earrings3.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Mikimoto Pearl Earrings1.jpg
    Mikimoto Pearl Earrings1.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 31
JEG I love those circled Tahitians and the chain and the pendant. The bracelets are pretty, too.

I can't wear pearl bracelets. I bang my wrists on things too much. Plus, I can't work the clasps with my left hand. Plus, they'd just snag on my yarns when I weave or braid or spin or sprang. I'm learning sprang. It's what people did to get stretchy fabric before knitting was invented. It's so cool.

Oh shoot. Kamoka is having a flash 20% sale today, AND they've posted new pieces. Finger must not slip.
BWeaves, I like to consider myself a fiber artist. Lots of quilting, machine embroidery, etc. I am constantly banging on machines of some sort. It doesn't stop me from wearing bracelets. I just take them off and lay them by the machines so I can look at them while I sew lol.

Hahaha, too distracting for me! Actually, I don't think I'd have a problem wearing bracelets while sewing. There's nothing to snag on. I do weaving and kumihimo and sprang which are all on loose threads creating fabric. I even remove all my rings. I really admire quilters and embroiderers.

Thanks BWeaves and CatMom! That’s a very sweet gift from your husband! I walked into the Mikimoto Ginza store on one of my trips to Tokyo and didn’t even ask to see anything because I knew I wouldn’t be buying anything. I usually just stay out of those stores. 🤑

A metallic freshadama strand from PP, with a spring-y medley rope length from Kojima, and earrings from Hawaii.
9EC2EE12-2E0B-4479-850A-B763B8A24577.jpeg
7BA4B09D-D209-4008-93C6-F07238BDC19F.jpeg

Catmom: Oh, those heart shaped Miki's are adorable. Look at them glow.

JEG: Those are like cherry blossoms. So pretty.

Thank you BWeaves! Today I'm wearing my green Tahitians. I don't have a long strand so I add my bracelet to the necklace to get added length.

Attachments

• Tahitians1.jpg
    Tahitians1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Thanks BWeaves and CatMom! That’s a very sweet gift from your husband! I walked into the Mikimoto Ginza store on one of my trips to Tokyo and didn’t even ask to see anything because I knew I wouldn’t be buying anything. I usually just stay out of those stores. 🤑

A metallic freshadama strand from PP, with a spring-y medley rope length from Kojima, and earrings from Hawaii.
View attachment 463822View attachment 463821
Oh those incredible earrings, love how you've incorporated those teeny tiny pearls. Precious!!! The pearls are, as always, stunning as well.

Thank you BWeaves! Today I'm wearing my green Tahitians. I don't have a long strand so I add my bracelet to the necklace to get added length.
Wowzers! That strand looks fantastic in the longer length. The pendant is also absolutely stunning...diamonds and emeralds? I'd love to see a close-up!!! Your husband has excellent taste!!! (Do you help him or is is that good at finding winners on his own?) My father would purchase lovely jewelry for my mother with absolutely NO HELP from her. I was always amazed at his taste and eye for quality. My husband loves beautiful jewelry but has no talent for selecting it on his own.

Wowzers! That strand looks fantastic in the longer length. The pendant is also absolutely stunning...diamonds and emeralds? I'd love to see a close-up!!! Your husband has excellent taste!!! (Do you help him or is is that good at finding winners on his own?) My father would purchase lovely jewelry for my mother with absolutely NO HELP from her. I was always amazed at his taste and eye for quality. My husband loves beautiful jewelry but has no talent for selecting it on his own.
Thank you! Hubby has learned much about diamonds and gemstones over the years and does well on his own but knows zilch about pearls. He did do well with the Miki earrings though and he bought me some other pearl pieces from Japan back when he was traveling there all the time. He had help with the Tahitians. LOL The pendant is from Rolay. I wish it was diamonds and emeralds, just czs I'm afraid but I liked the center pearl so I bought it for that. Then when it arrived I found I really like the setting so the pearl remains in there for now.

Attachments

• Tahitian Pearl Pendant.jpg
    Tahitian Pearl Pendant.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
The Hamentaschen on a white gold wire. And my white gold Miki Huggies. I liked the style of this earring so much that I couldn't make up my mind whether to get the yellow or white gold ones, so I got both. I wear them both quite a lot. They're great for travel because the front and back are smooth and easy to sleep on, and very secure.

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

Thank you, BWeaves and MOPTrumpet! Looking fabulous, CatMom! It’s so nice to have that versatility with your strand and bracelet, and the pendant is very pretty. Lucky to have both gold options, BWeaves! It looks like a very comfortable and durable style.

Wearing a little h pendant, a Tahitian ring from a Hong Kong show, and a strand I knotted with tiny Tahitians from Collins Pearls.
7D5FB86D-9F71-43EB-96D6-44C952E5069D.jpeg
935AC3CD-64AD-4819-AEFC-CCF91E0C9278.jpeg

Gorgeous as usual jeg! I love the different colors.

Back