Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Yes, bracelet and necklace but I can connect the two together if I want a longer strand. The necklace is 18 inches. That is funny about the younger girls wanting a minimal pearl necklace. I guess that shows you how old I am, lol.
Me too! But I don't care! The bigger ones will be back...history just keeps repeating itself!

Thank you, BWeaves, 86C and SurfnSci!

It’s hard to say, FireballFan. There was a post somewhere on PG with an article about the freshwater pearls being tested for color. Some were natural and some were treated. It’s not easy to really know for sure with the freshwaters. Enjoy wearing it regardless!

Wearing a couple Tahitian ropes I put together, with a necklace made up of 6 individual slides that can be arranged any number of ways. I bought the slides at the Tahiti Pearl Market when they had a store in Hawaii. The stores are only located in French Polynesia now.
View attachment 463598View attachment 463599
Sure enough, there they are on the "Tahiti Pearl Market" website. In yellow gold with diamonds!

I actually purchased a pair of earrings that had 3 slides on each side. The one that was made up for a necklace had pearls that were too big for my liking. They had individual yellow gold slides that I could choose loose pearls for, but I liked the size and coloring of the pearls that were used for the earrings. I don’t wear white gold as much, but it gives me a different look and I did like it used for these slides.

Two Akoya strands from Takahashi, an Edison pendant from PP, and earrings from Hawaii.
059565C6-123D-4C3F-B621-307A0B0BC6C0.jpeg
5B02EBAF-BCA3-4520-AA57-7DF887BFA491.jpeg

As always, stunning combination of pearls with your clothing! Love the 2 shades of the Akoya strands put together. The pendant is such a nice accent too. You amaze me!!!

Thanks so much, MOPTrumpet! CatMom, yes! You can’t stop at one, but your pendant is one super start. I love your multi chain look with the pendant, too!

So, I really liked the versatility of the recent Tahitian and link chain necklace I made, so I made a smaller version with smaller Tahitians and smaller chain links. Wearing it as a lariat with a pendant from JNB. The short keshi chain holds a colorful Tahitian pendant from Kojima.(2022 PBTB)
2976D012-59BC-4B35-B056-0D77B34147EE.jpeg
ADC98F0B-F056-4F43-8C80-2AF6AAF028E0.jpeg

Wow, that's a gorgeous golden SS pendant.

JEG, I love all your stuff, always. Pearl goals.

Oooops, Kamoka is having a sale. My finger just slipped on this pendant I'd been eyeing for ages.

Thanks so much, MOPTrumpet! CatMom, yes! You can’t stop at one, but your pendant is one super start. I love your multi chain look with the pendant, too!

So, I really liked the versatility of the recent Tahitian and link chain necklace I made, so I made a smaller version with smaller Tahitians and smaller chain links. Wearing it as a lariat with a pendant from JNB. The short keshi chain holds a colorful Tahitian pendant from Kojima.(2022 PBTB)
View attachment 463717View attachment 463718
I love how you layer your pearls!

Wow, that's a gorgeous golden SS pendant.

JEG, I love all your stuff, always. Pearl goals.

Oooops, Kamoka is having a sale. My finger just slipped on this pendant I'd been eyeing for ages.

Oh wow, the color on that is fabulous!

Ooo, I love those stuffed shells from Kojima. I also love the stuffed soufflé' pearls from little h. My finger hasn't slipped on the buy button for one yet.

Honestly, I actually went to Komoka this morning to buy a chain, haha. Then I debated waiting for a sale. They I noticed they were having a sale, and went for the pendant, too. Then I got the e-mail they were having a sale. I really need to quit buying things.

Ooo, I love those stuffed shells from Kojima. I also love the stuffed soufflé' pearls from little h. My finger hasn't slipped on the buy button for one yet.

Honestly, I actually went to Komoka this morning to buy a chain, haha. Then I debated waiting for a sale. They I noticed they were having a sale, and went for the pendant, too. Then I got the e-mail they were having a sale. I really need to quit buying things.
I saw the sale this morning and of course I had to buy a ring. I have to stay away from there.

Hope your fingers slip soon, BWeaves- I love the seashell jewelry, and little h earrings. So fun and very unique. I love them all.

I can’t wait to see the ring you bought, CatMom!:giggle: Kamoka pieces are so beautiful. I really need to pull my Kamoka pieces out and convince myself I have plenty to play with.

Such a feast for my pearl hungry eyes here 😍😍😍 Thank you everyone who’s posting!!!

@CatMom Welcome to the forum and what an entrance you are making! Those green Ts are absoutely spectacular and the clasp is in a league of its own. Wow!!

@jeg Love all your pearls all your outfits all your pictures ;-) I have been dreaming about those sliders that you have fromTahiti Pearl Market forever!!! Have them bookmarked for my off the ban island party :)

@BWeaves That Kamoka pendant looks absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it in action!

I took out my Takahashi pinked akoyas today together with the gem luster SSP from Katbran. I read the article about the akoya prices going up and suddenly felt SO GOOD about my 2022 akoya shopping spree :)))
DCB56DD9-4EA9-41AF-80BF-A18334949CBC.jpeg
C30140F6-34BA-48F7-9EB9-904EE319D1CD.jpeg

Such a feast for my pearl hungry eyes here 😍😍😍 Thank you everyone who’s posting!!!

@CatMom Welcome to the forum and what an entrance you are making! Those green Ts are absoutely spectacular and the clasp is in a league of its own. Wow!!

@jeg Love all your pearls all your outfits all your pictures ;-) I have been dreaming about those sliders that you have fromTahiti Pearl Market forever!!! Have them bookmarked for my off the ban island party :)

@BWeaves That Kamoka pendant looks absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it in action!

I took out my Takahashi pinked akoyas today together with the gem luster SSP from Katbran. I read the article about the akoya prices going up and suddenly felt SO GOOD about my 2022 akoya shopping spree :))) View attachment 463738View attachment 463737
Thank you so much! They were an early Birthday present from my hubby and I love them so much. I seem to be particularly drawn to the greens. I could only dream to have a collection like the ones I see here. Your Akoyas and your SSP just glows. They are so beautiful.

Thank you freshpearl and eolian! Yummy Akoya and SS, eolian! You look so Springy! Eolian, the slides would be a fantastic treat when you escape from Ban Island. I thought the slides they had made into the pendants were kind of big, so I went with the white gold earrings and took them apart. They had the components, so I could’ve chosen pearls to set in yellow gold, but I just liked the coloring that was already made up and I got an extra slide by buying the earrings. The necklace had 5 slides. I really miss that store. I had a few other pendants made there in past years.

Happy early birthday, CatMom! What a beautiful gift! I am drawn to green, too, but really, I love all colors of Tahitians. They are my favorite pearl.

Silver Tahitian strand from PP several years ago. I put all the other pieces together. The shorter necklace is made of wildly baroque Akoya pearls I bought at the Kojima studio. The small blue Tahitians in the bracelet are from JNB.
47459DF2-ED2A-4670-A5E1-A3D2F886F837.jpeg
2D27D788-3C53-41CC-BC8B-9495A23DD618.jpeg

OK, I tried out some different lighting and got out all my pearl pendants. I haven't gotten the new Kamoka Tahitian yet, but I do have the new The Queen white pendant in most of the photos. For you newbies, I have to name all my pendants.

I'm thinking of wearing The Queen and the carved T with the silver bail as black and white earring drops. Or maybe The Queen with the Autumn Rain (blue) drop.

IMG_1013.jpeg

Left column, top to bottom: The Swan (Pacific Pearls), Autumn Leaves (Kojima Kasumi pearl on ruby bail), Sharkie carved Taitian in the shape of a shark (Kamoka)
Second column from left, top to bottom. La Perlagrina (with gold flower bail from Kamoka, much more colorful in real life), Carved Tahitian with silver bail (Kamoka, very colorful in real life), Carved Tahitian with gold bail (Kojima, very peacock green in real life).
Center: The Queen (perfect white drop from Kojima. My new pearl.)
Right column, top to bottom: Chocolate plum (Kojima, It's faded a lot to lilac), Spring Petals and Autumn Rain (Kojima), and The Hamantaschen (Pacific Pearls).

IMG_1016.jpeg

Left to right: Freshwater button pearl with very sparkly druzy and diamonds. Kamoka time traveler (ancient shark tooth and carved Tahitian pearl. Feather pearl from Kojima. Winter Snowman and Summer Flowers from Kojima, used as earring pendants. My new The Queen from Kojima.
IMG_1017.jpeg

Little h

IMG_1018.jpeg

Last edited:
BWeaves, WOW, such nice pendants. Now I see where your profile picture pendant came from; Cool. The pearl with the emerald (??) crystals inside is stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Thank you freshpearl and eolian! Yummy Akoya and SS, eolian! You look so Springy! Eolian, the slides would be a fantastic treat when you escape from Ban Island. I thought the slides they had made into the pendants were kind of big, so I went with the white gold earrings and took them apart. They had the components, so I could’ve chosen pearls to set in yellow gold, but I just liked the coloring that was already made up and I got an extra slide by buying the earrings. The necklace had 5 slides. I really miss that store. I had a few other pendants made there in past years.

Happy early birthday, CatMom! What a beautiful gift! I am drawn to green, too, but really, I love all colors of Tahitians. They are my favorite pearl.

Silver Tahitian strand from PP several years ago. I put all the other pieces together. The shorter necklace is made of wildly baroque Akoya pearls I bought at the Kojima studio. The small blue Tahitians in the bracelet are from JNB.
View attachment 463739View attachment 463740
These are all just gorgeous!

Back