Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Not me! Kojima has an excellent wire twister. I only twist wool and silk (I'm a handspinner). I can knot pearl strands, but I don't make tin-cups.
OK, but I'll bet with your wool/silk twisting, you'd be great at it!
I've done some twisting work with sterling silver and other beads for simple jewelry but have not graduated to working with 14K gold and pearls...I would like to, but not ready to "waste" expensive gold wire if I'm not absolutely sure I can do it well. I'd love to purchase loose pearls and incorporate them into a gold necklace. Someday soon I will try...but until then, more practice with my sterling silver!

Here is an example of some "wire twisting" I did making a Houston Astros pendant for a "Astros Fanatic" friend. The beads are howlite turquoise magnesite (orange with veining), lapis tube beads and white agate, but I did include two tiny pearls next to the pendant, because pearls are my "trademark" gem. The stars were the most difficult...I found them out of China but the wood stars were painted the wrong color orange. I had to re-paint them and seal them with spray varnish, filling the hole in the pendant star before painting, then gluing the stainless steel "H" charm onto the star. I ruined 4 stars before I got that tiny drill hole just right to mount it on the silicone beading wire. TMI, but thought you might enjoy the "Fan Spirit" efforts. The person I gave it to was thrilled beyond words. So that made all my efforts worth it. GO ASTROS!
IMG_2079 2.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2080 2.JPG

And, it's here! It's smaller than I thought, although it does measure exactly what Kamoka said it would measure (9.5 mm in diameter, 12 or 13 mm tall). I just have bad pearl / eye coordination when it comes to judging size. The luster and color is fantastic. The bail is oval, not round, if that helps with perspective. I do love an interesting bail.

IMG_1072.jpeg

La Perlagrina on the left, and on the right, I dub thee La Petite Perlagrina.

IMG_1077.jpeg

I have slight buyers guilt. But it wasn't expensive. I got it on sale. And OMG the color and shine are amazing.

I originally put in the order to buy silver and gold paperclip chains, because I wanted something a bit different on which to hang my pendants. I'm not sure I like the paperclip chain with this particular bail, but I'll have plenty of uses for it.

Last edited:
And, it's here! It's smaller than I thought, although it does measure exactly what Kamoka said it would measure (9.5 mm in diameter, 12 or 13 mm tall). I just have bad pearl / eye coordination when it comes to judging size. The luster and color is fantastic. The bail is oval, not round, if that helps with perspective.

View attachment 463916

La Perlagrina on the left, and on the right, I dub thee La Petite Perlagrina.

View attachment 463917

I have slight buyers guilt. But it wasn't expensive. I got it on sale. And OMG the color and shine are amazing.

I originally put in the order to buy silver and gold paperclip chains, because I wanted something a bit different on which to hang my pendants. I'm not sure I like the paperclip chain with this particular bail, but I'll have plenty of uses for it.
Oh the color and luster!! They are both fabulous. I agree that a different chain would go better with it.

Today I am wearing my lavender/peach/pink freshwaters which I've shown before along with a new mixed PP Freshadama bracelet I just got. The colors are so nice! I also have a mixed freshwater bracelet from another company. I'll share some pictures of both together. Can you guess which is the Freshadama? LOL

Attachments

• PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet8.jpg
    PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet9.jpg
    PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet9.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet7.jpg
    PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet4.jpg
    PP Freshadama Mixed Bracelet4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
BW, I love the bagel necklace & it looks fabulous with your mixed tin cup. Rain is a gorgeous blue addition.

Jet, you look spectacular as usual. So many beautiful pearl combinations. Your pearl collection always makes me swoon! Someone get the smelling salts!

CatMom, I love your pearl brooch. Such a beautiful way to ring in Spring!

There's just something about those Kamoka pearls, just gorgeous! I love the tourmaline and pearl necklace as well.

It's always great to see you, Paula! Pearls by the Bay .... ? :147::09:
Aww I mentioned in the other thread that I will unfortunately miss it again this year. Mom's birthday falls on Mother's day this year and sister's birthday is a week after (and the day before Pearls by the Bay). I'm flying back to spend both of their birthdays and Mothers Day with them!

Oh boy- away for a few days and wow, all the new pics! In an effort to catch up, apologies for the blanket thank you‘s and blanket ooo’s and ahhh’s 🥰 I love, love, seeing everyone’s pearls!!!! We’ll miss seeing you, Purr. Have a wonderful time celebrating with your family and playing in your mom’s jewelry box!

SS tokki pearl earrings from Kojima, an early blue Akoya rope from PP, and a Baggins Akoya wave rope from Hawaii.
F331EB31-E6BF-44B2-A1F3-A5439F917DF2.jpeg
A779415B-11D6-41B3-AEE7-9425D7DF5826.jpeg

Oh boy- away for a few days and wow, all the new pics! In an effort to catch up, apologies for the blanket thank you‘s and blanket ooo’s and ahhh’s 🥰 I love, love, seeing everyone’s pearls!!!! We’ll miss seeing you, Purr. Have a wonderful time celebrating with your family and playing in your mom’s jewelry box!

SS tokki pearl earrings from Kojima, an early blue Akoya rope from PP, and a Baggins Akoya wave rope from Hawaii.
View attachment 464010View attachment 464011
Stunning Jeg, just stunning. I love that wave necklace!

Good day to everyone. I lived in the Philippines. My brother found this in our seashore . Can anybody tell me if this is a real pearl? It is heavy than it's size . I did not weight this but it's about 20kls more. can anybody help me. Thanks

IMG20230414082257.jpg
received_3096761823951152.jpeg

Bru: It's not a pearl. It might just be a piece of shell that's been tumbled by the waves. Or a rock.

Today I'm wearing my Judy Jetson necklace. Actually a druzy pendant with a freshwater button pearl on two gold wires of different sizes. And my yellow gold Miki earrings. The druzy is very sparkly. It's hard to capture sparkle in a still photo.

IMG_1088.jpeg
IMG_1091.jpeg

View attachment 464010View attachment 464011
So gorgeous!

This thread is so much fun. The Akoya wave, Jeg, is outstanding. I'll have to try and make one someday!
Today I'm wearing my vintage 9mm Akoya's and some 8mm Blue with Silver/Purple overtone Akoya's. They just come together with this shirt. I love it when two different strands nest so well. The earrings are some Gold/Diamond/7mm Akoyas from the 1980's.
IMG_2103 (2).JPG
IMG_2105 (2).JPG
IMG_2106.JPG

They look great together MotherOfPearlTrumpet and perfect with your top!

Back