This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TXPearlLV View Post
    I just purchased a bag of jump rings to see if that would work but I'd like something nicer. I think I will order a 14K gold one from Rio and have my jeweler snip off the loop. Do you remember what size yours is?
    I had purchased one 14 carat gold bail enhancer and one Sterling silver for my pendants from Rio Grande per jeg's suggestion. I didn't realize that it would turn the pendant on the side until I got it. So, what I ended up doing was putting 2 of them together in order to have my pendant hang correctly. I will have to buy another 14 K one now but I did take a picture to show it. One snaps over your necklace the way you normally would and then the other hangs from that while suspending your pendant. Putting two of them together solves the problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_172823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	390430

In this picture you can see that one attachment is gold and one is a silver but actually that might help you to visualize what I did better.

Comment

• That’s a pretty pendant 2thdktr. Is that the golden south sea and tourmaline necklace you bought from Oceanscove? Because that one is gorgeous as well.

Comment

• A solution and one that is often used is to simply use a jump ring . It works well with smaller pendants but your solution could be good with a larger one.
        https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Just Jeans and pearls on this sunny morning! These babes have been neglected for a while and kind of forgot how beautiful they’re! Both the strand and pendant are from Pearl Paradise.

Name:	C890CD94-F7B2-4A56-B0D5-5A50D7701ED3.jpg
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	390431

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlotta View Post
            That’s a pretty pendant 2thdktr. Is that the golden south sea and tourmaline necklace you bought from Oceanscove? Because that one is gorgeous as well.
            Thanks Charlotta, you have a good memory. Yes, that is the petite GSSP and tourmaline necklace from Ocean's Cove. The pendant is a ruby and diamond pendant I designed, and had made at the jeweler's, from 2 rings I owned when I first started dental school 35 years ago. We were not allowed to wear rings.
            There is a lot of versatility with having 2 hinged findings. They both can be removed quickly and one can just put the pendant on a regular chain with the original bale. The hinged enhancers can then be used for any other pendant you have. Also, they are so small, they don't add significant length.

Name:	thumbnail_20190901_173140.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	390433
            Last edited by 2thdktr; 10-06-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• You look lovely Lilpearl, very nice tahitians.
              That necklace is gorgeous 2thdktr, that's why I remembered it, so pretty.

Comment

• thank you Jeg for your suggestions. I will take a good look at Rio.

Comment

• The Orbit comes in three sizes,... the larger being very expensive. The middle is under 200$. It's also called a 'triggerless lobster clasp'

Comment

• Lilpearl your Tahitians look beautiful and the pendant looks so pretty paired with your strand.

2thdktr that is a really gorgeous necklace. So elegant.

Comment

• Thank you Charlotta and Germandpearlover.

Comment

• I'm really enjoying the pendants. So versatile

Comment

• As for pendant hanging... there are findings/ pieces called "pendant hangers' ( clever ) that are specifically made to get those pesky pendants turned the right way !

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my new rainbow strand from Pearlescence and my baroque blue south sea studs and pendant, also from Pearlescence. The pendant is on a long freshwater strand from Pearllunar, the one I usually have my tassel on. I have to confess that I only used my rainbow strand for an entire week, but changing earrings almost every day. The colors make me so happy, and if I want a more purple, blue and green effect, I move it slightly in one direction and if I want a more golden, peach and pink effect I move the other way. Usually I wear it with the clasp centered behind me head, but it's fun with options. Added the long strand as well so that I can play with the gorgeous very baroque pendant, need to be fancy whilst shopping for a new electrical kettle... Darling little kitten decided to knock down a potted orchid onto previous kettle at midnight waking up both me and not-husband. Both plant and kettle landed upside down on the floor, mixing orchid compost, water, plant, pot and now broken kettle over kitchen floor. Most things were salvageable except for the kettle. Kitten was overjoyed, we were both up playing with her, so much fun. Cleaning took longer than usually because she kept stealing pieces of orchid compost...

Name:	_20191009_142536.jpg
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	390452

Name:	_20191009_142855.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	390453

Name:	_20191009_142827.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	390454

Name:	_20191009_142754.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	390455

Name:	_20191009_142938.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	390456

Name:	_20191009_143044.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	390457
                            The previous three days I used the strand with my copper green tahitian earrings from Cees. I use them more since I changed the findings to these more secure and comfortable rings from agustus-collection.

Name:	_20191005_165355.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	390458

Name:	_20191009_150647.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	390459

Name:	_20191009_150704.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	390460
                            I don't really need to be fancy for shopping a kettle...but it doesn't hurt.

Comment

• The rainbow strand is to die for. Seriously gorgeous.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E1D77103-8B8E-4057-B658-3D24EC670718.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	390469
                                Akoya pearl earrings

Comment

Working...
                                X