Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

eolian pearls those large akoyas are surely amazing. Same for your strand of tiny akoya chain. What beautiful colour and stunning lustre. Your cute crab pendant got my heart. It is such a lovely piece! Look forward to seeing your new takahashi and flowerjem acquisition when they arrive. Unfortunately I rarely wear my blue akoya strand. Because a strand of well matched round looking pearls normally gives me an ageing look. I’m still trying to find the right pearls and time to remake that strand to be a bit more quirky.

SurfnSci absolutely love how you wear the bracelet as a necklace. It looks amazing on your neck! You did a great job making the pearls into such versatile pieces:arms:

Thank you SurfnSci, echo and CortezPearls! Douglas the crab pearl is a baroque akoya.

echo I know what you mean about the strand of larger round pearls somehow having an “older” look. I actually bought a silver blue strand 6 years ago and never wore it for the same reason. I ended up making two tincup necklaces out of it. But lately I miss seeing all those pretty pearls together...I have also seen and liked some “updated” looks of a strand of round pearls layered with a paperclip chain for example, and I am curious to see if it will suit me... I only have one pre-scissors picture of the strand.
B6466297-4304-4E08-85AE-7B245CD44755.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	B6466297-4304-4E08-85AE-7B245CD44755.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	459879
B6466297-4304-4E08-85AE-7B245CD44755.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	B6466297-4304-4E08-85AE-7B245CD44755.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	459879

SurfnSci What an ingenious way to transform a bracelet! Love those Fijis!!! Very special colors, they look FANTASTIC on you!

Last edited:
Wow! That has got to be one of the most exquisitely shaped baroque Akoyas I've seen! Quite a find! Makes me love your little crab even more. :07:

Oooooh SurfnSci using a bracelet as a necklace...wow! Great idea and it looks Fab! I love J Hunter Pearls!

Thanks, Cathy, SurfnSci, echo and eolian! Hope you had a very Happy Valentine’s Day, too, Douglas! Eolian, that crab is one special piece with the baroque blue Akoya! I would’ve guessed it as SS. It’s fantastic. SurfnSci, you look fabulous in your Fiji pearls! Wonderful colors and love the versatility of bracelets.

Golden SS strand, pendant set with a little h bail and special golden SS from the “golden” Ruckus, and pearl chain made of tiny Akoya.
Problems uploading… will need to resize…

eolian pearls I love the way the tin cups look so much more than the original strand! The pearls actually stand out so much better than they were before. Great idea of layering the strand with a chain. Personally I’m always a bit scared to wear pearls with metal chains because of potential scratches. Probably just me overthinking

jeg glorious golden set! They look marvellous together

Happy Valentine's Day right back, Douglas ... and all you beautiful friends and your pearls, you all look fabulous! Jeg, you almost make me feel like summer might arrive, with all that golden glow ... SurfnSci your J. Hunter Fiji look is dreamy and swoon-worthy, an all time favorite of mine ... eolian, that darling little crab is a real attention getter for good reason ... I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite!

Thank you, BWeaves, echo and Cathy! Cathy, sunshine and goldens have me feeling like summer. Well, at least almost spring.

I mentioned I had been following the Sex and the City reboot, and Carrie’s Akoya strand had me thinking I should have a simple, classic strand. Of course, I especially like it layered… I contacted Takahashi a while back about a strand, but at the time, did not have one available in the size, quality, I was looking for. I also asked about studs in maybe 9- 9.5mm. What a happy surprise when two beautiful choices came back in the rare 9.5- 10mm size! And just like that… I had an unexpected pair of Akoya studs!

I took snapshots in different lighting. There’s some distortion as they are round and beautifully matched. 9.5- 10mm pinked with a blue overtone pair of Akoya studs from Takahashi Pearl- arghhh, getting photo file error again. The resolution will be compromised because I need to make them smaller.
C803ACDD-35BE-4620-847C-697FF81CFA35.jpeg

9873BD81-189A-42F5-93B5-F0EE45BEFED2.jpeg
4DDACA6A-965C-4F8C-B898-2F85DF4DE7B1.jpeg
209765D1-5E80-4DC6-B113-9F2E98C4C37B.jpeg

Thank you all! The crab is one of my favorite pieces, very close to my heart...

jeg Your goldens are so so glowy! They make me smíle and want to put my swimmimg suit on ;-) Yes, Cathy the summer is around the corner! Yay!

The earrings on their back are sooo cute. Looks like a smiling face and it made me smile :D
Really nice luster, are they that peachy toned or they were reflecting a color around them jeg ? You did mention they have great pink!
The photos came out just perfect!

Thank you eolian and Douglas! Haha, the fun little clamshell boxes and backs make it easier to take pics, but yes, the pearls reflect everything around them. They are the traditional Akoya that have been pinked and this pair has some blue overtone. So, they look like glowy white pearls on.

Douglas, it seems like almost everything I try to upload now is getting a file size error. I’m still taking the same old snapshots and have not changed anything on my end, but they keep getting rejected.:frown:

Yes, I haven't experienced the issue myself lately but I'm in the process of rehiring a tech to help us fix this. It's time consuming since not many are versed in the Archanum of vBulletin anymore :frown:
So, please bear with us until this is fixed. He might start working over the weekend.

Jeg and Eolian ... that's the closest I'll get to real summer sun for a while; there's new snow on the ground here ... so THANK YOU for the posts :)

Thank you so very much, Echo, Eolian, Jeg, CathyKeshi and Douglas!

eolian pearls I really love your akoya tincup remake strands! They look very chic and modern... I'm also into the layered paperclip chain pearl look, but have yet to be able to master it - it kind of just looks odd on me, not at all fashionable unfortunately, but I keep trying:dunno:

jeg Such beautiful, sumptuous goldens (and a lovely outfit)! And your Takahashi studs are incredible. I don't think I own anything that lustrous, wow.

jeg your akoya studs are absolutely stunning. They are simple but makes a statement because of their mega voltage!

Today I’m wearing all Ts. When I don’t know what pearl to wear I always grab my Ts.

9A3092FF-E871-4D75-BC87-A4B915EAA241.jpeg
62FDB2C5-EFE3-46A9-BC5F-788FE4A79A87.jpeg

Love the Tahitians on Leather Look!

Such amazing pearls eolian pearls, SurfnSci, jeg and echo.
Beautiful akoyas eolian pearls and that crab is too cute.
SurfnSci such amazing colors on those fijis and such a clever transformer piece that bracelet is.
jeg, you do have the prettiest goldens and the prettiest vacation photos. Amazing akoya studs.
Your tahitian on leather is gorgeous echo. I haven't ever even thought about making a tahitian strand on leather with knots in between. I might have to try that. Lots of pearlreaming or redrilling though if I give it a try.

Back