This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
    I'm predicting that this thread is going to get a lot of posts!
    The 4th post of this thread. GemGeek's prediction in 2013!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by la_corsetiere View Post
      I dream of a costumed ruckus! We would have so much fun! I have been costuming for a long time...could go weeks without repeating an outfit.

Ok, so how about historical one night, pick your era...pearls go with everything!!!

Fantasy another night...perhaps an undersea or Atlantis theme... I could wear my octo-corset, and I bet Jeremy has secretly been dying to break out his squid suit...

And tiaras at breakfast!!!!!

That would be awesome!! I don't have any costumes but I would be willing to go for it!! Undersea theme would be wonderful!!! Speaking of undersea....I'm not familiar with you octo-corset. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic? I'm fascinated by the idea!

Tiaras.... I don't have one but would definitely get one!

Comment

• The last couple of days.

Blue baroque drops from Kojima on my diamond hoops. Pistachio akoya necklace from PP. Tahitian keshi ombre' tincup from Kojima.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_89a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	383486

Mikimoto earrings. Mom's 12 strand Rice Krispie torsade with dragon clasp.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_89c.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	383487

Name:	fullsizeoutput_89d.jpg
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	383489

Mikimoto earrings again. Kojima freshwater keshi necklace from Ruckus.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_89f.jpg
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	383488

Stupid me stubbed my toe over Labor Day weekend, and it turns out I broke my foot. I'm under house arrest and I'm not allowed to walk or drive for 6 weeks. Not driving is fine. I can work from home, which I kind of love (I do computer technical support), but not walking is driving me crazy. I'm a walker. I walk everywhere, all the time, and it's my form of exercise.
        Last edited by BWeaves; 09-07-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• BW, you look fabulous! I love your mom's rice krispie necklace & it really goes well with her Miki earrings! Sorry to hear about your foot. I feel you pain. I'm 2 weeks into a 6-8 week stint with my wrist being in a cast. makes it so hard to even get dressed.

But....hubby decide I needed a night out so he took m to dinner at out favorite Mexican restaurant for some good food & margaritas. he even helped me with my pearls. Picture quality isn't great but i'm wearing my Cees multi color 20 inch Tahitian strand with the harpoon clasp & my 30+ inch Tahitian multi color baroque strand from David Norman, paired with my Tahitian drop earrings, also from David Norman.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Damn! hard to take pic horizontally with one hand o pic shows up sideways!

Comment

• BWeaves !! Oh what a miserable thing to have happen. Being 'grounded' and unable to walk or drive is really annoying. I've had knee replacements and it was weeks of not driving which was super irritating . So I do feel for you . But do follow directions..you want it to heal properly so you don't have further issues. Beautiful pearls..I do love all the Keshi pieces !!
              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Bweaves your rice krispie with dragon clasp is so cool and totally amazing!

Comment

• That kojima tincup is beautiful BWeaves and goes so well with the pistachios. Love the dragon clasp as well. Sorry about your foot. Hope it heals quickly.
                  The 20inch tahitians from Cees are lovely on you 86Corvettegirl.
                  A photo on my tincup tahitians I made myself with really colorful circled tahitians I bought from Druzydesign.

Name:	_20180905_123345.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	383539
                  This is the shorter lenght, can also make it 2inch longer.

Comment

• There is so much beauty in this thread! It should be turned into a pearl fashion book!

Comment

• I made another necklace using an apricot offround freshwater strand and a strand of very small freshwater pearls. Both are from Pearllunar on ebay. I've had the apricot strand for years and didn't really use it. I had to use soft flex beading wire in very fine because of the tiny drillholes on the smaller pearls.

Name:	_20180908_180323.jpg
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	383540

Name:	_20180908_175747.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	383541
                      The necklace is about 31inch. The earrings are made from metallic drops, 8-11mm, also from Pearllunar

Name:	_20180908_180254.jpg
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	383542

Comment

• I love everything. I'm running out of ways to say Wowza!

Comment

• Charlotta, your pearls are beautiful! I love how you re-purposed the apricot strand into a beautiful strand you will wear! Those metallic drops are perfect with the strand. I so admire all you ladies who restring your pearls & create new lovelies for me to drool over!

Comment

• Charlotta your necklaces are beautiful! Specially love the tincup.

Comment

• Charlotta - lovely re-do's . It's great when you can make things for yourself !! Pearlunar has lovely pearls.

BWeaves - I got so caught up in your poor foot that I almost forgot about your gorgeous pearls. I think that dragon clasp is very cool !! And the pistachio strand/s are just beautiful !
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you Bweaves, 86Corvettegirl, suchi and Katbran. Now I can hang my tasselenhancer on it when it's a little longer. The tassel don't look good on a short strand, it needs some lenght. Yes it is so fun when I can remake my jewelry whenever I want, I have been stringing for years, but just recently learned to wirewrap. Now I want to make jewelry from scratch, like melting metal and such. I don't know where to learn that, Also works a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X