X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! I’ll get right on it, then!

Comment

• Jeg, just layer as many necklaces as possible like Marco Bicego or J Hunter Keshi Rain collection - if I'm not mistaken about how it's called.
      I'm sure they'll look pretty on you.

Comment

• JEG: I LOVE the Tahitian keshi tin cup necklaces. Drooooool!

Comment

• Thanks Pareltje and BWeaves! Yes, the rain collection! I definitely need to make at least a couple more strands to wrap up higher on the neck!

Comment

• I just love layered small necklaces. You really have a great example of how to properly wear them. I'd love to see some gemstones incorporated into your layered look...maybe a strand of 2mm beads with a pearl pendant, or even some larger beads with different shapes.
            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Jersey Pearl, I am not too much of a colored gemstone person, so I unfortunately can’t think of anything I have off the top of my head that would suit the look you have in mind.

SS pearl and apatite necklace from Maui- too big...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	9540F519-0F26-4FDD-85E5-A7BA443DC3BD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	380144

Fiji keshi pendant- not bad...

Name:	A2C46571-6FBB-44E6-B509-8135C8202323.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	380145

Back to plain layers, but doubled one around my neck- working on the two dozen layers...

Name:	003D9F83-AEDD-491C-A4AA-B44FF6DDF8A9.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	380146

Comment

• JEG, It all Looks good to me.

It's been cold here in Florida these last few days, so I could layer on the pearls and tweed.

10 mm pale Blue baroque akoyas linked with multicolored near round Tahitians from PP, to make a rope. 9 mm B&W Tahitian studs from Kamoka. Mom's heart shaped cameo.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_51d.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	380147

Princess mode. Double strand of 8 mm Freshadamas with Nana's clasp in back this time. Drops from Kojima on my diamond huggies.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_51e.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	380148

And today, my 8 mm natural white Hanada rope from PP, with my Mom's 9 mm akoya choker, and the PP 9 mm white baroque akoyas in the middle. Mikimoto white gold huggies (6.5 mm). This look satisfies my desire for a 100 inch rope. I actually like it better than a long rope because everything stays in place.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_51f.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	380149

Name:	fullsizeoutput_520.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	380150
                Last edited by BWeaves; 01-19-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Thanks BW- more is never enough?!

Comment

• If my neck didn't have a weight limit, I would have piled on a few more strands. Go for it.

Comment

• BWeaves, that's a lovely look

Jeg, you're on the right track with that Keshi pendant ... such a dreamy piece!
                      Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Love the looks ladies!

JEG, the key to layering is a consistent element...in your case it's the gold. Try that look with a white blouse, and I think you have a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                          If my neck didn't have a weight limit, I would have piled on a few more strands. Go for it.
                          BWeaves, don't underestimate your limits! Looking at how many pearls indian Princes and Princess weared, you have still to work. Well, a few georgous necklaces like yours is so better than more but not appropriate. Now, a small question, maybe stupid: is a "strand" a measure unit, about lenght or number of pearls? I don't buy any necklace, only interested by pearls loose, but even them are often sold by strands, thus my question.
                          Pearls carver
                          www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
                          www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

• ericw, strands can come in any length or size pearl. It simply refers to a pearl necklace that has been strung on a thread or wire.

Comment

• Thank you a lot, JerseyPearl. So that means that purchaser don't know how many pearls, weight or number, he buys in case of pearls loose's strands. Strange...
                              Pearls carver
                              www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
                              www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

• BWeaves and jeg, love your layered looks! More IS more!!

Comment

Working...
                                X