Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2 strands are very compatible with each other! Beautiful.

CrazyMissy, that was a well-chosen gift!

Comment

• Wow, I've missed so much beauty last week!
      Jeg, those Tahitian strands are stunning worn together or alone!

Comment

• CrazyMissy, what a wonderful gift. I completely understand about the itchies.

JEG: I thought that was one double strand necklace, they match so well. They are gorgeous, and I wouldn't have even noticed the clasps were different colors if you had not pointed it out. I mix metal colors all the time. I even hook white gold orbit clasps to yellow gold ones and nobody notices. Then again, I have a lot of 2 color and 3 color gold jewelry, so people just assume that the linked necklaces are supposed to be that way.

I don't have a photo yet, but I restrung my first akoya rope last night, again. I've got to learn not to do a choke hold on every freaking knot. Beader's Secret doesn't stretch or loosen up like silk does, so I don't need to knot as tightly. I need to just snug the knot up, not pull it till its breaking point. Anyway, the rope doesn't kink anymore, and looks a few mm longer. And I didn't need bandaids on my fingers because the thread didn't cut into them. You'd think I'd have the hang of this by now, but I don't do it every day so I haven't got muscle memory for knotting until I've done it three times in a row.
        Last edited by BWeaves; 09-18-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• jeg, your Tahitian strands nest perfectly together!! Looks beautiful on you!

Comment

• I love those two strands together. Pkinnew had some very beautiful jewelry.
            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• That's so awesome Pkinnew's strand has a friend! She is smiling knowing one of her favorite strands went to you. The pair look like they were made to hang out together!

CrazyMissy, hbd to your mom!!! And what a wonderful gift! It's no wonder she doesn't take them off, they look beautiful!

Comment

• Thank you Pearl Dreams, lmgarden, BWeaves, Sunseeker, Jersey Pearl and Amti! I like that way of thinking about it, Amti- having a friend and made to hang out together!

Comment

• Jeg I'm so glad to see that it was you that got Pkin's beloved Kamoka strand. It goes perfectly with your Hawaiian strand. It was just meant to be. Enjoy your special strands.

Comment

• They look like they were made to go together ! Beautiful and how wonderful that Pkin's strand stayed 'in the family' !

CrazyM - What a lovely gift for your mum !! And always nice to get a deal !!!
                    Last edited by Katbran; 09-19-2017, 08:19 AM.
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Ok...pearls in action!

Was walking around town n mucking about with my perlies! Perlies in actions were, dangle big pearl white ss earrings, lomg thread small white ss earrings, long tincup tahiti, baroque white ss, baroque golden ss, pendant baroque white ss, pendant large fireball, large tahiti bracelet...I think thats about it..
                      Photo 3. In paddys market, down town Sydney.
                      2 trying clothes at Myer pitt st, 1. at home trying kat von D lipstick haha.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Looks fun!!!!

Comment

• I love the lipstick!

Comment

• My husband came home...he was injured at work today. Traumatic amputation of the distal phalanx (the last segment) of his left middle finger.

He's uncomplaining (mind you, the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet) and is on the phone now setting up his follow-up ortho appointment and Worker's Comp, but I'm wearing pearls to help me feel better.

These are the 6.2-9.0mm akoyas with a diamond clasp that I found at the consignment store a few weeks ago. My $38 bargain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	akoyas from consignment 6.2-9mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	378135
                            Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 09-19-2017, 08:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Oh, noes! Sorry about your husband's middle finger. Will he get an awesome splint, where he can accidentally flip everyone the bird and claim it's not his fault?

And I love your pearl find. I never find anything like that. Those are amazing, especially for the money.

Comment

• Oh goodness, PD, that's terrible! Can it be reattached? I hope they gave him some good pain meds.
                                Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

Working...
                                X