Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Your multicolored torsade is lovely. Normally that's not my kind of look, but I really like yours. It's very well balanced, if that makes any sense at all. Perfect proportions of size and color and drape.

Pearly-Whites, love your drop earrings!
MSC, that GSSP set is drop dead gorgeous.
Kalmen22, you put together the brightest, most colourful outfits with perfect pearl pairings!
JerseyPearl, that octopus is super cool!

I wanted to share my freshwater 8.5-9mm studs that I got recently from a Chinese seller on Etsy--one of those listings with multiple pairs in the same photo, then I had her set the earrings on 14k gold backs for me.
In the listing photo, this pair looked like it was light champagne with strong rose overtones.
In person, it's silvery lilac, and looks golden in some lighting, and some of the pink comes out in shaded lighting. The lustre is almost metallic, but more of a brushed-metallic rather than your super shiny metallic. Really cool colour.

I got a few other pairs of brushed metallic-looking pearls as well from the same seller, but they're a bit small (around 6 mm). I like them and will keep them, but I've decided that I like the 9 mm and up sizes the best!

freshwater 8.5-9mm studs that I got recently from a Chinese seller on Etsy

Wow, so many beautiful pearls here and beautiful ladies... Time to catch up.

hanadama: One side is blue akoya and the other is a dark tahitian.

Karman: thanks! loving your studs

Pearly whites: you are so great with creating stuff. Is the necklace heavy?

JP: i had to look at the antro website.. but they only deliver in usa? boo hoo.

Love the fun colorful necklace, Pearly Whites.

And also the lavender metallic studs, Karman.

And... everything else on this wonderful thread!

This is the big Tahitian (16.6mm) that was originally part of a pair of earrings (the one I touched up a spot with nail polish on). I think it is my new favorite. :)

big Tahitian ring (16.6mm)

big Tahitian (16.6mm) ring

I can't believe the color on that Tahitian! Amazing!

The torsade isn't heavy. Pearls are so much easier to wear than stone jewelry. Thanks for the compliment, I just find something I like and copy it. Not much original creativity like so many on this blog!!

Today I have on a lavender fireball/flameball pendant. The setting is from Pearl Paradise and the pearl from Kongs pearls on Etsy. It measures 31mm by 16mm and is quite lovely.
Today I have on a lavender fireball/flameball pendant. The setting is from Pearl Paradise and the pearl from Kongs pearls on Etsy. It measures 31mm by 16mmToday I have on a lavender fireball/flameball pendant. The setting is from Pearl Paradise and the pearl from Kongs pearls on Etsy. It measures 31mm by 16mmToday I have on a lavender fireball/flameball pendant. The setting is from Pearl Paradise and the pearl from Kongs pearls on Etsy. It measures 31mm by 16mmToday I have on a lavender fireball/flameball pendant. The setting is from Pearl Paradise and the pearl from Kongs pearls on Etsy. It measures 31mm by 16mm

Sea Urchin, your clonker T is fantastic looking with the diamond bands flanking.

I like the flameball pendant too, PW. I was wondering how the quality of Kongs was. Looks to be great!

Sea Urchin, your clonker T is fantastic looking with the diamond bands flanking.

I like the flameball pendant too, PW. I was wondering how the quality of Kongs was. Looks to be great!

She took pictures front and back, it is just like anything you have to be careful

Pearly-Whites, that pearl is gorgeous. I'm always into big plus the soft pastels hit every button for me.

It was chilly this morning in Florida (49 F), but was hot this afternoon (80 F). I wore Eowyn's Starry Mantle this morning with my Natural White Hanadamas from PP and The Hamantaschen.

Natural White Hanadamas from Pearl Paradise and The Hamantaschen

There's just a hint in the photo as to how much the shawl sparkles in the light. Half the stars are freshwater pearls and half are cut glass crystals.

Second newberry.... it's my guilty pleasure each morning ;). Actually going through this thread wakes me up more than drinking a cup of coffee.

Yesterday I joined the refuge biologist and we performed a census of all the waterfowl using the refuge. I wore my SoC necklace for this. It was a really nice day out

Sea of Cortez necklace

Back