Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Yesterday I joined the refuge biologist and we performed a census of all the waterfowl using the refuge. I wore my SoC necklace for this. It was a really nice day out

I absolutely love this piece!

MSC: I love your new necklace. I love the pearls and gems, and I love the asymmetry.

JP: Yes, it's the CZ disco ball in white gold. It's a screw closure because I don't like the fish hook ball clasps. I'll try to get a close up of it when I get home from work. It's hard to photograph because the sparkle is only really captured during motion and I don't know how to post a video here, but it's very sparkly. It's much nicer than similar diamond clasps I have, probably because the CZs are clearer and better cut than the rather crappy diamonds in my "real" clasps. The pearls look best in the shade and the clasp looks best in direct light, so that's another reason it's been hard to photograph so it looks like real life.

Wearing the tiny, but mighty T today!
tiny, but mighty Tahitian

Sea Urchin - dreamy, dreamy ring! I love the purple in this pearl!
Pearly-Whites - love the fireball necklace!
BWeaves - envious of your gorgeous hanadama strand!
MSC - beautiful necklace and looks like you're getting much enjoyment out of it!

I'm wearing one pair of the mini 6mm studs that arrived with my 8.5-9mm metallic lilac studs.
The size is small, but I prefer to wear smaller earrings when I'm sporting a larger necklace, so this was the perfect pairing.

From far away, it almost looks like I'm wearing some sterling silver balls as studs :D

mini 6mm studs that arrived with my 8.5-9mm metallic lilac studs

Thanks all :D MSC - I got this ring from my husband for Christmas. Its center is a moonstone, which also happens to be another June birthstone! :D
The only annoying thing is, the prongs holding the stone are quite large, so they catch on everything. :(

Vietnamese akoyas from PP, blues and pistachios. Pendant from little h. Drop earrings from Kojima

Vietnamese blue and pistachio akoya Pearl Paradise, Pearl Geode pendant little h

Jersey Pearl: Here's a closeup of my clasp. It's pavé with CZs set in white gold. The CZs completely cover the entire surface of the clasp, and you can see the equator where it screws together. Very little prong shows. The pearls are 8 mm. I think the clasp is 9 mm.

Custom CZ clasp

The clasp was a special order from PP. I don't think PP were wild about me asking for a disco ball with CZs instead of diamonds, but their clasp vendor really came through with a a gorgeous clasp. I got the impression from their e-mails to me that they were very proud of the final result, and they should be.

Pearl Paradise natural white Hanadamas look like up close

For anyone who wanted to see what PP natural white Hanadamas look like up close, these are them. I love them.

Last edited:
So many pretty things!

BW, I still can't get over the luster on that hanadama strand.
MSC, you have such a fun and funky style!
Karman, such beautiful earrings, so lustrous!

BWeaves, love the closeup of your hanadamas�� Is that beautiful red/magenta Shawl also one of your weaving? Really stunning.

Back