This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWeaves,

The versatile earrings are so cool! And the woven shawl incredibly gorgeous. My Mom was a spinner & accomplished weaver, so I appreciate all it takes to make something that beautiful and original.

Ckrickett, love your layered pearl pendants with the interesting caps~

I truly enjoy Everyone's posts here, but just can't keep up sometimes.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Gorgeous !! And the weaving/tapestry .... AMAZING!
      https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind comments.

I feel like I'm hogging the thread lately, but I just got my Kojima drops in the mail today.

Here are Kojima's white FW drops. They have a perfect drop shape, and a softer, creamier luster than the POJ baroque metallic FW drops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2216.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	362864

Here are Kojima's natural color blue grey baroque drops. They remind me of coffee beans for some reason, but they match my Vietnamese baroque akoya necklace very well. The drops have hints of pink in them.

Name:	IMG_2218.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	362865

And here are the drops next to some of my necklaces.
        Top necklaces left to right: PP blue baroque akoyas 10mm, my akoya dog collar.
        Drops left to right: POJ baroque metallic FW 12mm, Kojima teardrop FW 15 mm, Kojima blue grey 11mm.
        Bottom necklaces left to right: PP natural white Hanadamas 8mm, PP Freshadamas 8mm, PP Vietnamese baroque akoya 9mm.

Name:	IMG_2222.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	362866

I found it interesting that my blue baroque akoyas actually looked better with the POJ metallic drops, than with the Kojima blue grey drops.

I probably should quit buying drops now . . . except . . . I ordered this unique shaped pearl from Pacific Pearls, and I'll ask you all what to do with it when it arrives. I think it looks like a leaf. Well, I'll show you when it gets here. I just don't want to stick a bail on it and say done. I want to put it in an interesting setting.
        Last edited by BWeaves; 10-17-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• I've really enjoyed everyone's pearls photos here - they are amazing and thanks for sharing! I've already posted this picture in another thread, but thought I'd post here, too. This is my inaugural posting on the "Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!" thread!

PoJ's HG Ripples, plus my homemade mixed-metal/rondelles Tahitian (with 1 SoC pearl mixed in) strands, inspired by and fashioned after the Gellner collection strands.

Name:	IMG_2914.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	362867

Comment

• I'm glad we don't have to vote on favorites here, because I sure couldn't.

Comment

• Amazing pieces BWeaves. Purranha live your layered look!

Comment

• Oooo, Purrana, I love your pearls, especially what you've done with the Tahitians! Please tell us more about the roundels you used. And I love your blouse.

I can't stop playing with my new drops.

I wondered if I could use them as earring jackets.

Here's the Kojima teardrop with a diamond pave' stud.

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	362869

And here's the Kojima grey blue drop used on the back of a tourmaline and diamond stud. I know the big pearl in back is in right now, but I don't think I like it on me. I'd be too afraid the ear nut would come off and I'd lose the pearl. But it's interesting.

Name:	IMG_2233.jpg
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	362870
                Last edited by BWeaves; 10-18-2015, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Love the drops!!! Really wonderful to play with them, isn't it? And wow, Purr, that necklace is fantastic. I passed on the POJ HG Ripples...always regretted that decision.
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• BWeaves, such pretty drop play ... all lovely, my favorite is the diamond stud with the long Kojima drop .

Purranha, your long necklaces with mixed metals are wonderful ... brilliant idea with the bracelets!,,
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I really need a white gold and sparkle option for the drops, so I was pleased that the Kojima teardrop worked so well with the diamond pave' studs. The pearl drop doesn't have the swing that that the drops have when they're on hoops, but that's OK. I've been playing with all my various studs using the drops as earring jackets, and they work very well.

Today I'm wearing the Kojima blue grey drops on my long oval diamond hoops, and my Vietnamese akoya necklace.

Name:	IMG_2236.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	362875

I wasn't sure if I'd like the drops on the long oval hoop, but I really do. They are very comfortable.

Name:	IMG_2237.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	362876

The blue grey drops almost feel upside down to me, but I really like them.

P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.
                      Last edited by BWeaves; 10-19-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Too funny BWeaves! LOVE the blues combination ... YES to those Kojima drops on the oval hoops!
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I Adore that look Purranha! This HG Ripples are extraordinary! and the layered look is great!
                          WestPearls.com My Shop
                          West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post

P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.
                            BWeaves, you gave me the first chuckle of the morning! Love your pearl choices and fun to see all the ways you incorporate the drops. You've inspired me to take some time to play in my pearls today!
                            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Oh I love the beautiful drop shape on those white pearls BWeaves !

Purranha - love the look !
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Those drops are so versatile! Love

Comment

Working...
                                X