Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is another tin cup, this little keshi with sterling. I want to redo it, but that will happen another day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	362637
    WestPearls.com My Shop
    West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• That's very nice looking on you! I really like keishi of that type.

Comment

• What a pretty necklace! That looks like it transitions well and can be worn with a number of different types of outfits.

Comment

• Is this the necklace I nicknamed the "George" Necklace? …It is so pretty., the way you've designed it you could add just about anything interesting that you like, and that is what I love when people are creative with their jewelry.

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
          Today I am wearing the tin cup that I made yesterday using the silvery/metallic 7.5-8.5mm oval exotics purchased from PP in February 2008. The pastel colors don't show up so well on bright days like today, though.

The small orbit clasp is great for clipping on pendants or charms-- this one is abalone with marcasite.

Having the clasp in front enables me to put the largest pearls also in front.
          No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

• Yes, it is the George necklace! I've worn a few other pendants on it since then, including a piece of scrimshaw my husband bought me on our honeymoon.
            I am on the lookout for a cat charm, too, but I think it will have to be a serendipitous find. I don't care for the ones I've seen so far.

Comment

• ckrickett - I love your tin cups! Very unique and one-of-a-kind!

Comment

• Originally posted by pkinnew View Post
                ckrickett - I love your tin cups! Very unique and one-of-a-kind!
                Agree! Can I ask how you have the pearls set in the multipearl tin cup? It looks like the chain is going through the pearls.

Pearl Dreams, that tin cup is really beautiful... is it one long strand? Those pearls are so lovely on you!

Comment

• I believe they are wire wrapped with very thin wire. Hisano designed and made this for me so she would know most definitely. But when I look at is it looks like it is wire wrapped.
                  WestPearls.com My Shop
                  West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• amti, yes-- all one strand, which allows me to triple it as well.

Today I'm wearing this very iridescent multicolored FW keshi strand that I made a few years ago. I'm now thinking of redoing it as a tin cup, as it's hard to get the pearls to lie flat against my neck. There are a lot of funky shapes!

Or I could shorten it an inch or two and wear it as a bracelet. At least then I would see the pearls while wearing them.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 09-21-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• You're on a roll, PearlDreams! The center heart shaped pearl will really stand out in a tin cup.

Comment

• Lisa, I'm now thinking of just making it hang lower by connecting it end to end with another strand with a similar toggle clasp.

Comment

• I actually really like it as is. Such a lovely drape on your neck.

Comment

• BAS, if only it would stay draped! When I move, the beads rotate horizontally.

Comment

• Pearl dreams, I actually like the way it sits on your neck! Have you maybe thought of adding a bit of length to it so it may sit better though? Sometimes that helps with tricky necklaces I have, usually a small spacer bead between each pearl works the best, but that is just my experience.
                              WestPearls.com My Shop
                              West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• Today was a fine outing for little dude, and I also wore my SoC Mabe ring too! excuse the sausage fingers

Name:	FullSizeRender_1.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	362679

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	362680
                                WestPearls.com My Shop
                                West Pearls on Etsy