Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

today i'm wearing my ripple strand and my PP metallic lavender studs :)
cGFZpPDl.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't think I've unhooked the 9mm Vietnamese BBAs from the 6 mm rope of the same, since I restrung them with the orbit clasp. They go with EVERYTHING.

9mm Vietnamese BBAs from the 6 mm rope of the same

As much as I love a good Queen Mary teardrop pearl, these funky, coffee bean shaped, grey blue drops from Kojima have become my favorite drops. I think part of that might be that they are smaller and therefore lighter than the 2 sets of white drops that I got at the same time. I guess my lobes have a weight limit.

Gorgeous photos everyone.
BWeave what size orbit clasp are you using here for the drop shape rope?

Hi Kelluvpearls:

Both strands have the small orbit clasp in white gold. 7x23 mm.

I know the silver clasp would look the same as the white gold clasp, but I just don't like the idea of silver next to pearls.
I'm concerned that the tarnish might discolor the pearls.
I'm concerned that polishing the clasp will accidentally rub the nacre off the adjacent pearls.

I was warned a long time ago to not use low karat gold beads or clasps with pearls, because even gold will discolor pearls if the karat number is too low.

Funky pearl, those ripples are gorgeous! They're so lustrous!

BWeaves, I adore the look of the two sizes of blue baroques together! The orbit clasps look great, too!

Hi Kelluvpearls:

Both strands have the small orbit clasp in white gold. 7x23 mm.

I know the silver clasp would look the same as the white gold clasp, but I just don't like the idea of silver next to pearls.
I'm concerned that the tarnish might discolor the pearls.
I'm concerned that polishing the clasp will accidentally rub the nacre off the adjacent pearls.

I was warned a long time ago to not use low karat gold beads or clasps with pearls, because even gold will discolor pearls if the karat number is too low.

Thank you BWeaves for your reply. Makes sense about not using low karat or gold filled/vermeil beads next to pearls, it'll be painful having to polish them between each pearl.

OK, I don't have a photo, but I was in Mayor's jewelers with my mother this weekend, and I tried on a lovely graduated 18" strand (7mm to 9 mm) A1 quality with diamond roundels and diamond clasp. $9000. The strand next to it with no diamonds, but otherwise exactly the same was $3000. They also had large studs (9mm I think) in A, AA, and AAA quality for comparison. I didn't get the price of the earrings. All strands were much whiter than my mother's old Mikimoto AA pinked strands (which are gorgeous by the way, and my sister wants them, sigh).

Bailey, please tell us more about these gss!! They are gorgeous on you!! Checking to see if you have a thread on these...

Thank you Kelluvpearls, CKrickett, CathyKeshi, and BabyNurse!

Babynurse, I didn't have a thread on these. I got them unstrung and as soon as I finished stringing I had to wear them right away ;)
IRL they are silvery gold and have a mix of green and pink overtones.
I was actually wanting some deeper goldens but these I found suit my skintone quite well so I was happy :) I used Pattye's Beaders Secret (golden) and long needle and they were wonderful. I almost started hating stringing my own pearls until I started using Beaders secret.
I can't say enough good things about Pattye and her beading items.

Back