Xmas Idea 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by la_corsetiere View Post
    My favorite costuming eras are 18th century and tiny-waisted Victorian, but I really love mixing up the historical and fantasy influence.

Not really relevant to the name of this thread, but I remembered Sheri's post about her interest in historical costume. I thought that this might be the right place to introduce you all to the work of my friend Avigail. We studied art history together ages ago.....
    One can't be indifferent to these unique pieces.

http://www.annabrahms.com/
    Nora

Comment

What a talent!
      Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Your friend does amazing work, Nora! Such expressive faces. I did some historical costuming on vintage 1960's trolls a while back - a rather challenging body type to work with! Thanks so much for sharing.

Sheri

Comment

Those are magnificent. Your friend is very talented and I am amazed at the detail. Thank you for sharing.
          Mary

www.madcatpearls.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by la_corsetiere View Post
            And if anyone out there is in the market for a nice custom-made corset, perhaps even pearl-encrusted, you know who to contact!
            Not when you are across the pond!

Being a very cuddly Coke can, the only way to give myself a decent waist for formal clothes without eating rabbit food or sweat myself silly in the gym, is to wear a corset

The proper ones with steel bone inserts will make me look a bit more like a Coke bottle instantly

I made enquiries about having one made to measure, and it would cost around 300 GBP for a plain one

Shelving that idea for a while, and I shall make do with good quality ready made ones for the time being instead

DK
            Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Comment

Working...
            X