Show Me Your Fancy Color Metallic Freshwater Pearls!!

Thanks for the rotation, Cathy! And thanks Pattye, Fiona, Gemandpearlover and Abi for the kind words.
Parrot Lady, that’s such a shame you haven’t received your pearls. I hope they arrive tomorrow! I ordered mine from Kong’s in December too, and there was a slight confusion about address details, but they were very helpful about sorting it out.
Another set of pearls I ordered around the same time as these from Wen have yet to arrive, and I fear may be lost - but they were a cheaper set bought mainly to practise stringing.

Last edited:
Both such beauties - I never get tired of seeing everyone's metallic FWs - even my own.

Anytime, SydK ... well now that a friend worked a miracle and rebuilt my laptop :) Those pearls just deserved to be seen in their proper orientation; so lovely!

Wow, those are two very unique strands. They're gorgeous.

36D63B46-186A-4B32-9587-17A8765F2704.jpg

Not sure if “copper” is the metallic you’re looking for but here are some from my mom’s stash. I’m wondering if there’s any chance these could be naturally colored? Or any idea as to which bivalve would produce such a color. New to the group. Just finished the PaO course. Love jewelry of all kinds and thrilled to learn more about pearls. TIA~

Hi Pikakelani,
Your mom's strand consists of freshwater pearls, and they appear to be dyed. This is very commonly done with freshwater pearls from China.

Thank you all for the lovely messages. I’m really enjoying wearing this strand.

aerinha, yes, this is one of the gem-grade multis. I vacillated between this and the purple strand they had at the time, until someone got the purple one - I’ve guessing that was you? I’ve admired your purple strand on the “pearls in action” thread.

Thank you all for the lovely messages. I’m really enjoying wearing this strand.

aerinha, yes, this is one of the gem-grade multis. I vacillated between this and the purple strand they had at the time, until someone got the purple one - I’ve guessing that was you? I’ve admired your purple strand on the “pearls in action” thread.

Likely me :). I was between two strands and finally pulled the trigger. Plan had been if I liked mine to buy the second strand but it sold right after. I really like your multis

We need a "like" button! Or more aptly, one for "love", for all these beautiful pearls! :D

The sunlight was amazing today. Ripples from Pacific Pearls. Ombre' keshi rope and Kasumi earrings from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_afa.jpg

BWeaves colors on your pearls are incandescent in the sunlight, especially the Pacific Pearls ripples!

Back