World Pearl Forum

There's a national geographic video about a pearl farm in the gulf somewhere out there. Lemme find that

It's an interesting video. I noticed they had to partner with Japan to make it work, and the 13mm pearl they showed was beautiful but is that size the norm to be expected?

Poster? Think big, people! A TRAILER. It's doubly unfortunate that the "voice of god" Don LaFontaine passed away, because I can hear it in my mind's... ear?

"In a WORLD without nacreous calcifications, ONE MAN... well, a few men, and a few women too... AND HUNDREDS OF salivating ADDICTS are on a MISSION. That mission (explosion)... is SHINY."

(montage including LBC members choking bad guys with half-knotted strands of pearls just in the nick of time. product placement by PowerPro, for when you need a garrote with style.)

Critics call "Pearl Hard or Dubai Trying" a "dazzling string of gems." Ebert and Roper say it's AA+ and "has orient, but we know that's not a legitimate category for evaluation."

Last edited:
I am a bit confused. (Whats new) Is anyone actually trading in pearls at this event? Or is this only a conference about the industry for informational purposes?

I'm leaving Saturday for the World Pearl Conference in Dubai, but this bit of news I came across this morning was a bit disconcerting:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/12/africa/12dubai.php

www.iht.com said:
With Dubai's economy in free fall, newspapers have reported that more than 3,000 cars sit abandoned in the parking lot at the Dubai Airport, left by fleeing, debt-ridden foreigners
[sarcastic]
oh that's good. I won't have to rent a car.
[/sarcastic]

Have a good time guys, and don't forget to check what's in that glass of water before you drink it... interesting story, Terry!
Keep us posted, and effisk, enjoy the car shopping!

You gotta wonder when two brothers don't know they're both going to Dubai?! ;)

Memory loss runs in the family. I guess Jeremy must be losing his... (Just kidding)

Back