What do you think of this Tahitian strand?

Tucs

Hello,
I have been looking for a while for a strand of baroque Tahitians that would appeal to me, and when I saw in the PP blog that they had new strands I contacted them to figure out if they had what I like. I am looking for something very colourful, with green body colour and ideally predominant cherry overtones, drop shaped and clean, preferably AAA.
Here are some photos (photographed under different light conditions) of the strand that I am considering purchasing; apparently it has extraordinary luster but some imperfections scattered throughout the strand (it is classified as AA+/AAA). Ideally I would have preferred cleaner surface, AAA throughout, but I love the colours and shapes of this strand. This would be my first strand of Tahitians, so I would appreciate your opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 31
Here's a few more photos with the runner up -- the one I posted above is at the top, while a similar strand with less imperfections (also AA+/AAA) is at the bottom. The luster and coloration seems to be more intense in the top strand.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 43
Both strands are beautiful...but that top strand is more colorful and has wonderful banding of colors which will play differently in different lighting. I agree that you will not notice the blemishes when worn, and they are not apparent in the photos, which is a good sign. One thing I will warn you about...tahitians are addictive.

Already responded in PS, the top strand for me too, and thanks for sharing.

DK :)

The top strand really has some nice colours that are obvious even in darker pictures, also has bigger pearls and very nice luster.

Tucs, beautiful strands! I favor the top strand also, and both if possible :)

I also prefer the one at the top, but what a wonderful choice to have. The little dings may bother you for a day or two, but the fabulous color and shine is all anyone will notice and soon you will be seriously happy. :)

They are both colorful strands, the luster looks high. AAA strands may still have blemishes, more than one might expect. I would have to have both strands, such a great match!

Thank you all for your feedback! I will definitely go for the top strand.

CathyKeshi and Frost Me, I'd love to get both for unfortunately that is not possible at this time.

I am looking forward to neck shots. Tahitians are particularly tricky to photograph for me!

Tucs, never fear ... there will always be more pearls on the horizon :) Lovely choice, can't wait to see them ... how will you set, what kind of clasp?

BAS, I will certainly take lots of photos... But I'm really bad at photographing pearls, Tahitian or not! I will do my best.

CathyKeshi, thanks, that's a good point, I guess I will go for a simple clasp, maybe a laser ball clasp? Which gold colour would you recommend? I'm usually a white metal kind of girl, but perhaps this strand would be better complimented by yellow. I already own a pair of Tahitian dangle earrings set in WG, but I guess if could still wear them together without showing the clasp.

Tucs, you should always go with what you love :) There are so many lovely colors any gold should look good. If you wear your hair short, or up and the clasp will show, then maybe gold to match your earrings? There are no wrong answers here :)

Beautiful pearls Tucs! That top strand you picked out looks lovely and of high quality.
You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how the colors that are very apparent in your middle picture will bounce off and reflect back all types of hues.
Quality Tahitian pearls are amazing.

Tucs, you should always go with what you love :) There are so many lovely colors any gold should look good. If you wear your hair short, or up and the clasp will show, then maybe gold to match your earrings? There are no wrong answers here :)

Thanks CathyKeshi -- I have (a lot of) long hair that I usually wear down so, if anything, my concern is showing the pearls, haha. I don't know why, but I just seem to see this strand better with a yellow gold clasp. Of course maybe I am just looking for an excuse to get baroque Tahitian earrings in yellow god one day!

Beautiful pearls Tucs! That top strand you picked out looks lovely and of high quality.
You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how the colors that are very apparent in your middle picture will bounce off and reflect back all types of hues.
Quality Tahitian pearls are amazing.

Thanks Jacques. I am very excited about this purchase.

Oh, Tucs LOL ... if you're looking for enablers to help you, you've come to the right place :))))) Your Tahitian strand is just lovely by the way; I'm so excited for you ... and waiting for my own with baited breath!

Back