What color do you gravitate to that keeps your T's from getting "lost" in your hair?

YES! OMG YES! My Kamoka B/W studs go with everything. They match nothing, but go with everything. I've been wearing them a lot, especially when my ears feel too tired for drops.

They look terrific with my natural white Hanadamas, my baroque blue akoyas, and my baroque Tahitians which are completely different colors from the studs. The studs are round, but because they are different colors, they look good with baroque shapes, too. They look good with jeans or fancy dresses.

I actually have no desire to buy white Hanadama studs now, because I'm afraid they would be too boring.

My particular pair of Tahitian studs has a dark pearl with a very purple halo, and a light pearl that leans towards the color of a light blue akoya. So the pair really works with "my" colors.

For anyone else who has a B/W pair of earrings, do you find that you always wear the light color in one ear and the dark in the other? Do you feel lopsided when you put the wrong color in the wrong ear? I don't know why, but mine only feel right when the light one is in the right ear and the dark one in the left ear.

I second for having a thrill with the black and white combo. I keep grabbing them. It's funky and classy all at once (okay, in my head it is!). I had looked at them on the vendor's page and didn't get it. Not until I saw them on BWeaves and fell in love.

BWeaves, funny you said that! I have to wear the white on my left or it looks lopsided. Some sort of illusion/asymmetry issue.

I think I have one ear slightly higher than the other, and the colors "balance" better one way than the other.

I remember looking at a black/white pearl combo necklace, and even though the black pearls were exactly the same size as the white pearls, they look smaller. To compensate, the vendor used black pearls that were slightly larger than the white pearls.

I have one ear lobe that is slightly larger than the other. There are certain pairs of earrings where I always wear on the same side, because the orientation of the drop balances out the difference.

Fuzzysocks, I didn't think a blonde could wear golden south sea pearls so I didn't buy them. I did get a strand and I thought wrong. Even though I have a green undertone to my skin, these look great in person. I wear multi color and cherry Tahitians most of the time, multi color pearls seem to go with anything.I have seen them on people of all skin colors and they never are not a winning combination. View attachment 49151

Those are breathtaking, wow. That's definitely a piece I'd like to work towards someday.

I remember looking at a black/white pearl combo necklace, and even though the black pearls were exactly the same size as the white pearls, they look smaller. To compensate, the vendor used black pearls that were slightly larger than the white pearls.

I have one ear lobe that is slightly larger than the other. There are certain pairs of earrings where I always wear on the same side, because the orientation of the drop balances out the difference.

It's an optical illusion but definitely true. When we have clients place orders for a white and a black strand of akoya pearls, if we don't tell them the whites will appear larger than the blacks, they will often think we sent the wrong strand.

It's an optical illusion but definitely true. When we have clients place orders for a white and a black strand of akoya pearls, if we don't tell them the whites will appear larger than the blacks, they will often think we sent the wrong strand.

This explains so much with the black and white studs. Thanks!

My older pair of Tahitian earrings were ear hooks with one dark green the other bronze.

Unfortunately I lost one of them last summer and I am trying to figure out what to get. The setting was 18k with a small emerald so no replacing that :-( I decided that two carved pearls with app same shape, luster and size but different color and carving would look great on a simple shepard hook but it seems it might be difficult to find.

- Karin

I love mismatched earrings, but another drop setting may be difficult to find that "goes" with the other one, as opposed to matching.

Have you thought of doing a stud on one side and drop on the other? It doesn't even have to be a pearl stud. Or a hoop on one side and the drop on the other?

My idea is a new set of earrings, putting the lone one away. Both with carved pearls and set on a simple shepard hook. The problem will be finding a way to get a pair of carved Tahitians that are alike in shape, size and luster but don't match color and carving.

- Karin

I've bought pearls from both PP and Kamoka, and I have to say that Kamoka's pearls are exceptional and worth the extra dollars. However, PP is excellent, too, and they can send you photos of different studs in their vault for same size and color. I've also bought beautiful Tahitians from Kojima. Kojima current has a pair of studs set it a diamond in the center that facinates me.

P.S. My solution to keep my pearls from getting lost in my hair? I cut my hair off. There's nothing like a short haircut to make sure your earring are shown to their best advantage.

haha, BW! I did the same thing and cut off all my hair and solved the hidden earring problem!

I too, have also (happily) bought Tahitian pearls from both PP and Kamoka and highly recommend both vendors.

Fuzzysocks, I didn't think a blonde could wear golden south sea pearls so I didn't buy them. I did get a strand and I thought wrong. Even though I have a green undertone to my skin, these look great in person. I wear multi color and cherry Tahitians most of the time, multi color pearls seem to go with anything.I have seen them on people of all skin colors and they never are not a winning combination. View attachment 49151

lilliefuzzysocks, these GSSs are stunning on you!

One pair is a medium green, and the other pair is dark sky blue/pewter. I've got to choose only one though!

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

I'm with Katbran. The right pair looks a bit mismatched. I would choose the left, TBH, as the luster looks better. At least in the shot above.

My sister is half Filipino, so very dark hair, and she looks great in bright greens and pistachios.

I'm with Katbran. The right pair looks a bit mismatched. I would choose the left, TBH, as the luster looks better. At least in the shot above.

My sister is half Filipino, so very dark hair, and she looks great in bright greens and pistachios.

They are slightly mismatched in size. Not noticeably once you put them in your ears, but they aren't exactly the same size if you hold them together. It's hard to decide because the lighter green shade does look better as a color on me and has a 'snappier' shine if that makes sense, but the darker pair is more uniform in size, and is a much more unique color in that it's a deeper blue.

I would pick the pair you would be more likely to wear...by your description it sounds like the lighter green shade is the winner. Really you cannot go wrong with either. I am not bothered at all by slight size variation as they will appear identical on the ears.

FuzzySocks, I hope you don't mind, but I flipped your photos so we could see your ears and earrings better. Both pair are lovely ... take a few days, and the right pair will tell you what to do :)

IMG_2232RSUP.jpgIMG_2233RSUP.jpg

Back