Watch bracelet

Wednesday

So, I got a Mikimoto clasp for a double strand on eBay because I couldn’t resist. I had planned to restring two single vintage Mikimoto strands as a double strand necklace. But I started to think maybe that wasn’t the best idea- I wouldn’t want to pass them off as something they aren’t. They’re very nice pearls but they’re not the highest Mikimoto quality. They’re from the 40s and 50s, graduated strands.
Anyway, I decided to use the clasp for something that is obviously not pretending to be a Mikimoto piece- I matched it up with some cute little pearls and an Edwardian cocktail watch.

Only thing I’m not thrilled with is the gimp wire- I got a new supply and it didn’t bend and pull in like the old kind. It’s too stiff- I need to get another type and try again. But in principle, I like how it looks.
IMG_5581.jpeg
IMG_5567.jpeg

I love it!!!!

I get my French wire / gimp from Pattye Saab (of Serafil / Beaders Secret fame) on Etsy. I like her French wire the best of all I've tried, and she has it in several colors. I also love her beading needles. Oh, I just love her.

Loved the way you repurposed this watch! Unique!

I love it!!!!

I get my French wire / gimp from Pattye Saab (of Serafil / Beaders Secret fame) on Etsy. I like her French wire the best of all I've tried, and she has it in several colors. I also love her beading needles. Oh, I just love her.
Thanks for the recommendation- I see some very fine gimp wire there, looks ideal!

So, I got a Mikimoto clasp for a double strand on eBay because I couldn’t resist. I had planned to restring two single vintage Mikimoto strands as a double strand necklace. But I started to think maybe that wasn’t the best idea- I wouldn’t want to pass them off as something they aren’t. They’re very nice pearls but they’re not the highest Mikimoto quality. They’re from the 40s and 50s, graduated strands.
Anyway, I decided to use the clasp for something that is obviously not pretending to be a Mikimoto piece- I matched it up with some cute little pearls and an Edwardian cocktail watch.

Only thing I’m not thrilled with is the gimp wire- I got a new supply and it didn’t bend and pull in like the old kind. It’s too stiff- I need to get another type and try again. But in principle, I like how it looks.View attachment 469832View attachment 469833
Oh that's gorgeous! I love everything about it.

Back