Visual mm size guide - because a photo is worth a thousand diagrams

theseventhsphinx

Hi all, I've been scouring this forum for the several months and particularly for the last few days, looking for photos of people wearing their pearls in which they have also specified the mm size of the pearls they are wearing. I wanted to get a realistic idea of what different sizes (and lengths) might look like on me in different contexts (earring/bracelet/long necklace/short necklace/etc).

After some initial pearl stud purchases (getting my feet wet, as it were) I'm looking to acquire or create a 50+" rope of freshwater rounds, and am debating what size pearls appeal to me most for the project. I've found pictures here of some of the sizes I'm considering, but think it would be great to see a full selection, and even multiple examples of the same size are useful, as you can account for the range of neck and ear shapes. I can't imagine a better place to ask.

I also know I want more pearls...and such a guide seems like an indispensable resource for helping select both necklaces and earrings that are just the right size.

Any brave souls willing to post pictures of themselves wearing their necklace and/or earrings, specifying the size? Promise I'll post of myself once the rope is acquired...

Jeremy,

What size earrings is the model wearing in the second photo (Loree in the fw rope)?

Thanks!

I love those big SSP earrings in the second pic. I can wear 12mm black Tahitians, however, the equivalent in white SSP does not look right on me for some reason. Perhaps I should take the plunge and get a pair!

DK :D

Wow, all of the Pearl Paradise facebook photos make me wish I worked there. It looks like so much fun!

(Oh to be a pearl model and attend pearl parties!)

7.5-8mm strands purchased. Now to learn how to knot...

Back