Tucson Gem and Mineral Show Feb2016

I'm going to look into this...I would love to go finally. Caitlin - any recommendations on places to stay???

OhWow! I am so excited, I wrote in your post!. I can't help with accommodations- they are all busy during the gem show, but many have room.

Jeremy, I think we will all be there- Five of us.

Ditto Judi.. (you look like Linda Carter in your avatar!) I grew up on wonderwoman! Travel safe in your invisible jet and see you in the desert!

Jersey Pearl -
I believe that the show goes for several days and there are different parts to it. The high end stuff you need to register and get a pass to get in... it's like the other trade shows in that way. Go to the web site for the show and it will explain it. My impression is that this was mainly a rock/fossil/gems thing that expanded over the years . I seems like there's a lot of stuff for collectors and rock hounds that is open to the public. Keep in mind I've never been there...I'm sure others can better explain how it works. I just know you need to apply for admission to the 'proper show' .

The pearl walk has been moved to Saturday after another pearl talk.
Pearls of WisdomGREENLEE ROOM9:00 - 10:00 a.m.*Eric Fritz, FGA DGA, Gem-A, London, United KingdomBeginning - Intermediate - AdvancedA short introduction to Natural, Cultured and enhanced pearls and how to tell them apart or can you�. We will look at saltwater and freshwater, gorgeous and well, you know�some not so pretty only mother shellfish can love. Hands on, of course.

They don't check ID'S at the seminars, but to do the pearl walk, you will need to get into the shows. My suggestion is to start a GIA distance learning course right beforehand so you can use the documentation to become a student member of AGTA. The pearls course would be perfecr, of course! :)

There are a lot of shows in town that allow public access.

Caitlin's pearls.jpg
Caitlin's lovely ensemble of pearls and a tiny mouse!

Caitlin, there you are in your lovely pearls, having a grand dinner with friends and family .... and a little tiny golden mouse steals the show LOL! Adorable ... and you all look wonderful, Pearl-Guide friends!

Back