Tucson Gem and Mineral Show Feb2016

Great evening

Great evening

A great evening with friends and more friends... image.jpg

Last edited:
That mouse stole my show when I saw it in a little Gump's round, cloth, padded, box with two Bumble bee pins. I bought it for $5.00 at one of the many thrift stores in Green Valley.It is stamped 14k under the tail.

GV is great for 2nd hand stores because it is a retirement community. The best rescue dofg place I know is in Green Valley."Green Valley Animal League" has a huge campus with many outdoor play pens and 300 volunteers to walk and train the dogs. It gets some support from it's cheapo priced gift shop. Nice dead lady clothes for 50 cents etc.

A mushroom, a mouse and a round aubergine!

Thanks, the round aubergine is my treasure pearl! it is aubergine with a green halo, thanks to Grey's Anatomy. There is a photo of it here. I think the title of the thread is,"a pearl for a special lady" or something similar, started by Jeremy. That's not the title, but here is the thread!

"Nice dead lady clothes for 50 cents etc."
Caitlin, you made me spit out my coffee! :)

Caitlin I love the little mouse and how you mixed and matched your pearls. Great to see you having fun.

Love the pics. Thanks for sharing and don't be shy about keeping them coming!

Caitlin is is great to see a picture of you wearing that special pearl!

"Nice dead lady clothes ..." oh, Caitlin you made my day LOL! Thankfully I wasn't drinking coffee :) One has to know, though ... are there "nice dead lady pearls" as well ??? I'm delighted to see you out and about with our great friends, having so much fun ... sending a Hug your way.

Lolol I wish there are nice dead lady stores around me but sadly I don't know of any!

I'm actually terrified that my treasured clothes & jewelry & other items are going to end up in stores for 50 cents a pop, so I have included in my will for my closet to go to a girlfriend (after certain pieces are distributed to designated people) with the understanding that she is to hold an adoption party with our cluster of close girlfriends after I pass!

Meh, they can burn all my stuff for all I care after I'm gone. Just take care of my cat and don't even think about giving anything to the extended family members I don't like (unless it's ugly anyway)!

Thanks everyone. Mwaah!

I'll bring the little mouse to the ruckus. She likes it on the chain with the grand pearl!:eek: (she is in position to eat the food that would otherwise fall on my shirt, LOL).

It was a lovely evening, aside from losing (for real) my favorite diamond ring. Followed by immediately losing one of my good diamond earrings down the sink on Saturday morning. The great news is that today they found the earring in the trap and are going to send it to me.

When you have friends like Hisano, Jeremy, Caitlin, and all of you, it puts the ownership of material things in perspective. The dinner was spectacular and the company was the best and I will keep the warm memory in my mental file of treasures. :)

So much fun! So glad Kelly and I made it. Thanks again to Jeremy and Hisano - it was lovely to connect with everyone.

Aw, HUGS, Blaire ... sorry to hear about your ring ...

GemGeek, that's great they found the earring! And I am so sorry you lost your favorite ring...maybe it will find it's way back to you in one form or another. My mother once "lost" a diamond ring that my youngest "found" in her Barbie box a few months later! The hazards of playing jewelry store with your granddaughters.

We went to a blues bar and I pulled the ring off with my gloves and never felt a thing. I hunted and called, but I am okay with the loss. I hope someone else enjoys it. I have some pearls picked out to make me feel better, which I will purchase in April. :)

Blaire so sorry to hear about your ring!

And I wanted to ask - you picked out pearls to be purchased in April? I'm a bit confused...
Is it one of those case where you pick out the pearls at the show but transactions take place in April because all transactions at the show takes a while to process? Or does it mean that one of the vendors have bought a bit batch of some special precious rare pearls, and you have picked out your strands/items to be purchased once the vendors gets the items?

Haha I just want to know if we need to keep our eyes peeled to the blogs for some special releases to come in April!
Blaire, see what you have started here? :rolleyes:

Back