Tucson Gem & Mineral Show 2018

Abi

Hi Pearl Family! I haven't posted in awhile, have a lot of pearling up to do!

I was wondering who is coming into to Tucson this month! It's my first time going, and I was hoping to meet some of the pearl guide family! I learned through facebook that Kojima will be at the GJX.

Sadly, I'm not seeing any way I can go into that show.
Please post if you're going and what days you'll be in the city!

I'm definitely going to be in Tucson during the weekends and some mondays/fridays.

Can anyone suggest some gem/mineral shows there?

Sure thing! GJX (we will be there at booth 508) and AGTA are great with pearls!

Abi,

Perhaps someone who's going could get you in as a guest. Do you have business cards? I don't know how it all works, but looks like first guest is free and additional 3, $35 each. Probably there will be more information posted here soon. Unfortunately, I won't be there. I did go in 2007 and it was amazing!

Abi,

Perhaps someone who's going could get you in as a guest. Do you have business cards? I don't know how it all works, but looks like first guest is free and additional 3, $35 each. Probably there will be more information posted here soon. Unfortunately, I won't be there. I did go in 2007 and it was amazing!

This is great information, Pattye, thank you for sharing! I'm hoping to attend as a photographer and go along with someone in the pearl or gem business in future years.

I wish Tucson was nearby! I surely would love to go there and have a look around!

Douglas: I don't think I could get into those shows, but I would love to somehow meet you and see the beautiful SOC pearls that you're bringing!

Pattye: my dearest friend! I unfortunately do not have any business cards. I am but a pearl lover who just loves looking at, stringing, jewelry making pearls for myself and my family. If someone could help me get through the door in either show, that would be extremely generous, and I would be grateful! (I hope to catch up with you at your convenience!)

MSC: are you coming to Tucson this year :)?

Ericw: I hope you would be able to go soon, and make that dream come true!

Pareltje: If you ever get to go, please let me know! I don't live in Tucson, but its close enough where it's
Driveable. It would be nice to meet up and walk around a bit with a dear PG!

I am going to be attending both the AGTA and GJX shows, as well as a couple of others (hopefully). I am planning on attending Elisabeth Strack's pearl talk. Would love to connect with others attending! I will definitely swing by Douglas and Sarah's booths. I wish I were big enough to be exhibiting...but I am satisfied with being a buyer and hope to find some wonderful stones to work into my designs.

A group of P-G'ers usually attends Elizabeth Strack's talk & meets up right after. Jeremy may be posting info soon~ There is much to see even if one can't get into all the shows.

Abi, dear, you can print up your own business cards, or order from Vista print quite inexpensively. They have some nice designs!

May I ask where Elizabeth's Stracks talk will be held? I would love to try attending as well!
Pattye: I think they require a license number as well as business card.

Pattye-

Thank you JP!

Ah so AGTA has the pearl seminars! That kind of bums me out. One of the main reasons I wanna go to the show is to sit in the seminars to learn about pearls, other gems, etc. I heard AGTA is even harder to get in to if you don't own a business/ part of a company.

Abi,

I'm not sure what all the requirements are. Here in OR we don't collect sales tax, no retail, so I have no requirement for business license. I'd recommend anyone with questions to give them a call and see what you can find out.

AGTA has a toll-free number, 800-972-1162

Hi Jersey Pearl
No, I won't travel to the USA while you require my fingerprints. I've spent my whole life without any state having my prints. It's a small civil liberties thing (although I might change my mind if our government required all incoming USA citizens to have their prints taken. Reciprocity)

Hi Jersey Pearl
No, I won't travel to the USA while you require my fingerprints. I've spent my whole life without any state having my prints. It's a small civil liberties thing (although I might change my mind if our government required all incoming USA citizens to have their prints taken. Reciprocity)

I agree with you, Pearlescence... We are also a great number, in France, to be shocked by rules to enter in USA. Moreover, I have heard that makes tourism toward USA falling down this year. It's sad.

Hi Pattye!
Thank you for the number amd suggestions :D. I will try contacting them and see if there's any way I could be able to go in for the seminars only. It's worth a shot!

Back