Tucson Gem and Mineral Show Feb2016

We went to a blues bar and I pulled the ring off with my gloves and never felt a thing. I hunted and called, but I am okay with the loss. I hope someone else enjoys it. I have some pearls picked out to make me feel better, which I will purchase in April. :)
Are you sure it isn't in either the lining of the glove, or in the lining of your coat? It's amazing what a little hole can hide.

No, the vendor is a friend of mine who is willing to hold them until I get my tax return. Definitely not normal protocol at the AGTA show. They are not perfect, but they really spoke to me. After I lost the ring, I felt like I should get them for myself. (Right?) ;)

Are you sure it isn't in either the lining of the glove, or in the lining of your coat? It's amazing what a little hole can hide.

The ring is ginormous! There were a bunch of biker guys out in front and when I realized it was gone, I thought it was at the hotel where we had dinner. One of them probably thought he had a pretty good Valentines Day present and it's not like I was walking around searching, in which case they might have given it to me. My girlfriends took me back to the hotel to search for it. Called the hotel. Called the bar several times over the next three days. No stone left unturned. :)

No, the vendor is a friend of mine who is willing to hold them until I get my tax return. Definitely not normal protocol at the AGTA show. They are not perfect, but they really spoke to me. After I lost the ring, I felt like I should get them for myself. (Right?) ;)

ABSOLUTELY! And I can't wait to see what you got!!!

Lol initially I was thinking who do I need to call to get on that special waiting list! ;)

Blaire I am so sorry to hear you lost a special ring but beautiful pearls will fill the void. Please post pictures of your new beauties when they arrive.

Oh I'm so sorry that you lost your ring !! That is so terribly disappointing ! A dear friend who is a nurse and usually leaves her jewellery at home, forgot and wore her heirloom engagement ring into the hospital..washed her hands and left it on the sink. Needless to say 4 min later she went back for it and it was long gone. These things happen but it's very upsetting when it does occur. I think you did the right thing shopping for something fabulous and different and now you will have your pearls with a backstory. ( can you claim on your insurance???)

It's a good trick to avoid losing rings when handwashing ..do not take them off and put them down on the sink or counter. Hold them in your lips. (If you feel the need wash the ring first. Comes from when I worked in a dispensing chemist - back when pills were all loose and had to be counted and potions were in gallon demijohns. The absolute rule was never put anything down. you either hold it or put it away.

Yes hope you can claim insurance on your ring. Looking forward to seeing your new pearls.

Back