True blue 2

Josh

What do y'all think of these true blues?
trueblues.jpg

I wish I could see the blue... the picture ain't helping much.

Are these samples of a new harvest, Josh?

Yeah, I'm having a problem with my monitor settings too. But if they are yours, and I'm sure they are, I know they are positively GORGEOUS! I wish I could reset my computer so I could see the colors better. :) I just might have to come down there and see for myself.

True Blue 1 was a pastel blue and these look more like midnight blue. I imagine that a strand of them would reinforce the blue overtone. Maybe you should save them until you get enough to make a strand. I'm sure they would sell at a premium. ;)

Love the photos!

How about a pair of one 'blue' and one 'red' drop of matching size and shape, Josh?

"True Blue 1 was a pastel blue"

what is True Blue 1? I'm missing the reference here, I looked around the forum but can't find mention of #1.

Great looking pearls. Love the colors Josh.

Dfrey

I think there are many variations of blue including one referred to as a blue peacock. I have just grabbed a few that show different ranges from light blue to dark blue, blue green, blue with rose, blue with silver, and some different variations of red to show the contrast.

Attachments

• loosetahitians.jpg
    loosetahitians.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
boo said:
Augghh - you guys are killing me here....:D I want them all!

I completely agree!

Note to self -- Purchase lottery ticket! ;)

Hi everyone, I use photobucket for my photo posting and am on a Mac. It seems some people say they can't see the colors while others say they can. Those three pearls are very seriously blue so if they don't look that way, I need to change something. Any techies out there that can help?

Josh said:
Those three pearls are very seriously blue so if they don't look that way, I need to change something. Any techies out there that can help?

I am not sure how - the white balance of your camera needs some help. That can also be corrected via post-processing, but only you can match the pictures to the pearls...

I'll just try to see them blue through the yellowish haze. Post away!

PS. Speaking of post-processing, the pearls could not possibly be THIS BLUE, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I nearly fainted when I saw the blue pearls!! They are so beautiful!!

Thank you Josh for the beautiful pics of blue pearls. And Thanks to Jeremy for taking the time to select and show a variety for our clarification and edification. I feel like I'm learning by osmosis here, which is fun, and cool since those little oyster guys kind of hang out in the water. All I have to do is read and I learn something new. When I lived in South Korea, everybody used to go 'eye shopping'. It seems like I'm not the only person here who could 'eye shop' for blue pearls all day long.

barbie

P.S. Weren't we in to pink just a day or two ago?

Are you saying we, as a group, are fickle? :) (Sorry for the smiley, Josh.)

Valeria101 said:
PS. Speaking of post-processing, the pearls could not possibly be THIS BLUE, right?
Actually, I think they can. If you notice, the colors in the other pearls are still natural-looking, not exaggerated.

Josh, there is a difference between the way Macs and PCs display color in general, not to mention the myriad variations in hardware and monitors that also have an impact. There is a strong yellowish tinge over your picture when viewed on my pc.

I tried an "autocolor" command and got something similar to Val:
trueblues_autocolor.jpg

As I said previously, the other pearls don't appear to be altered beyond what could be reasonably expected from high-quality pearls, so I think they really are that blue! Maybe if the other pearls were in focus too the difference would be even more noticeable.

Hi mikerz,

I just got a new screen but Josh?s picture showed the truly blue ones in a brownish/grey/light blue colour :eek: and the pearls behind look mostly green in different tones, however your picture shows on my screen very natural looking Tahitians and the blue ones are just beautiful if the colour is the tone showing.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back