Took My Breath Away.....

Sueki

Pearl Collector & Designer
These are from Kamoka Pearl.
I'm still trying to recover my senses enough to type coherently....
The pearls are 8mm. - 11mm., grade A and B.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 0002.JPG
    0002.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 40
Some more photos. with thanks to Mikeyy for the photography tips. :)

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Brochure Kiwi
    92.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 0009.JPG
    0009.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 54
Amazingly beautiful,
are they the same I saw in London with you, or some more else since then?
Do you intend to make a long rope with?

Wow! Those are incredible - the colors, the luster, the whole deal. How do you tear your eyes away from them?!

Hey you catch on quick. Those are sweet photos. Great colors.

Anna,
I bought these with the intention of making one special necklace. But I can't take my eyes off them so am going to think about adding them to the pearls you saw in London and making one long rope - so's I can see the pearls when I'm wearing them....
But it'd be so extravagant.....

Boo,
Good to see you back...:)
No, I can't tear my eyes away from them at all. Been trying to string another necklace this afternoon and gotten nowhere as I keep looking at this strand.

Mikeyy,
Thanks for the tips - I used daylight bulbs but forgot the white cloth...:eek:
Will try again tomorrow and use the cloth to diffuse.

I am speechless... and envious... this is amazing! Just when I thought I developed the idea to like baroques more... not anymore...
Congratulations! What will is be? A rope?

And photos are extremely good!

Olga

They are truly breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your great pictures!!

All those sparkling, glistening, gleaming jewel tones are amazing! You WILL let us see the finished product, right?

I'm very happy for you. Those pearls are going to brighten up those dreary winter days! ;)

Sueki, those pearls are unbelievable!! I am trying to work out which of the 7 deadly sins I haven't committed just drooling over the photos.... I definitely have lust, envy, greed .... oh my, they are gorgeous. And Josh - great pearl growing there.
Mikeyy - you are making professional photographers of us all.

They are gorgeous! Love the colours :D

DK :)

Thanks for all your comments.
Yes Knotty, I will definitely post photos. when I have a finished piece.
It'll be a while though as I want to make a longish necklace so's I can see them when wearing them....:)

Blaire,
O.K. I promise not to moan about the weather - when I feel a whinge coming on I'll just grab those pearls......my little orbs of sunshine on even the gloomiest days
(It'll be hard not to moan though, 'cos I'm British and moaning about the weather is our national pastime....) :D

Nerida, Amrita, waimeamomi, dkan, Pearly Shell, Olmander.....
Yes, thank you all, yes, amazing pearls, amazing oysters, amazing farming - the boy done good !! :D

O.K. I promise not to moan about the weather - when I feel a whinge coming on I'll just grab those pearls......my little orbs of sunshine on even the gloomiest days
(It'll be hard not to moan though, 'cos I'm British and moaning about the weather is our national pastime....) :D

It's so bad this morning the dog was quite eager to get back into the car after our walk in the hills this morning!

And the cat could not wait to rush back indoors! :D

DK :)

Oh MY!! I just saw these--to die for. I could really get hooked on pearls like that! Did you purchase a lot of these and pick the most beautiful for this strand? Such colors! I definitely have some like these on my wish list!

Beautiful! I guess I am going to have to give up my preference of size vs color for a strand like that (and I would!)

Back