The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

Thanks so much for your kind words ladies!

Pattye Yes, that is the strand I had lengthened from 16" to 18". I figured since I was getting the shorter double strand it would give me more versatility if I went with 18". I love that I can wear it over a wool or cashmere turtleneck too.

I'm loving all these ideas for updating the classic white round pearl necklace you guys have posted so far! Keep it coming! Highly relevant since one of my only two strands I have right now is a round white, so I have to come up with many ways to wear them :)

Personally, I was inspired by LitGeek's preppy-cozy look, particularly how the pearls peek out from under the collar. I am so worn out by this New England winter that I decided to borrow her tucked-under idea for a summer look. I think a flash of pearls and a peek of skin is quite nice!

The Limited coral print sleeveless blouse worn with PP's 7.5-8.0mm silver Freshadama 16" necklace and earrings provide a cool fresh contrast to all the warmth that I wish we were having up in NH right now!

pink white.jpg

I agree! Good length and a good size for you, too!

Thanks SS and everyone else, I can't wait to wear that on a warm breezy day (sweat and pearls, hmm..)

I am interested in that pendant enhancer you used on your latest post. That is a very beautiful pendant that screams for an equally arresting "chain" and you did it great justice by using the white rounds. I also love how you paired it with a tee to contrast dressy and casual (FAB houndstooth blazer!); I have a similar thought for dressing with my blue Akoya pendant + white round necklace in "Show us your pearls", but am looking for an appropriate enhancer.

Edit: sorry! I just realized you linked it on your blog, silly me

I am interested in that pendant enhancer you used on your latest post. That is a very beautiful pendant that screams for an equally arresting "chain" and you did it great justice by using the white rounds. I also love how you paired it with a tee to contrast dressy and casual (FAB houndstooth blazer!); I have a similar thought for dressing with my blue Akoya pendant + white round necklace in "Show us your pearls", but am looking for an appropriate enhancer.

Thank you! Yes, I love to contrast formal with casual - though it becomes a bit of a challenge: how to offset the luxury of the necklace (or the earrings, or whatever) enough and yet strike a realistic note? Like balancing scales. Easier with pearls than with faceted gemstones, though, I think.

Here's the link to that pendant hanger! https://www.bellafindings.com/2344/14kw-7x14mm-hanger.html

I'm loving all these ideas for updating the classic white round pearl necklace you guys have posted so far! Keep it coming! Highly relevant since one of my only two strands I have right now is a round white, so I have to come up with many ways to wear them :)

Personally, I was inspired by LitGeek's preppy-cozy look, particularly how the pearls peek out from under the collar. I am so worn out by this New England winter that I decided to borrow her tucked-under idea for a summer look. I think a flash of pearls and a peek of skin is quite nice!

The Limited coral print sleeveless blouse worn with PP's 7.5-8.0mm silver Freshadama 16" necklace and earrings provide a cool fresh contrast to all the warmth that I wish we were having up in NH right now!

View attachment 28696

Love the contrast of the white against the coral, very pretty! I am so wishing for spring too!

Here's that 8mm 18" PP strand again, only now with a pendant. Thanks for recommending this great pendant hanger, Pattye! (I got it from bella findings)

View attachment 28720

The pendant has a medieval feel I like a lot (and that blends so well with pearls), it's brown quartz or something, a random thrift find.

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fashion/features/the-pendant/

Great "dressed down" look for your pearls. Very wearable!

pearls with collars! enhancers! you all have given me much to think about, much to ponder, much to adore. also, i do not have a 17-18" strand of white pearls. i must mull this over.

LOVELY outfits, all!

Wow, I'm so impressed with all these looks. This thread really makes you rethink the possibilities with white pearls doesn't it? Thank you, Pattye, for a wonderful challenge idea! As I read through, I started making note of everyone to compliment and then it ended up being everyone, all of you! Pearls in the snow, layers, knots, ropes, chokers, pendants, all your ideas inspired me too.

Attachments

• P3170533.jpg
    P3170533.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 29
Sarah, That's so fun with the chain peeking through! You all have inspired me to dig deep for my old "tiny" strand of akoyas, which doesn't fit me any more~16 inches, 5-5.5mm. So we'll see if I can make it a more "cool" piece to pass on to a Granddaughter, and post some photos. (It won't be for a couple of weeks, as I'll be away on vacation.)

You each have come up with super creative ideas AND are able to take selfies!!!

Thank you, Pattye, I think 16 inches is a great length for a girl. It was my favorite length until I grew up, lol. I wore mine to gather eggs, clean a waterer and check cows so I'm a bit scruffy today. Darn, I could have taken my selfie in the coop!

Thank you, Pattye, I think 16 inches is a great length for a girl. It was my favorite length until I grew up, lol. I wore mine to gather eggs, clean a waterer and check cows so I'm a bit scruffy today. Darn, I could have taken my selfie in the coop!

Sarah, I don't know why I never thought of an oscillating graduated strand like this - so fun! You want to keep looking at it to figure out what's going on.

I am definitely craving a 15 or 16" strand in a small size, one that sits right at the throat. Many of the women wear them in Renaissance-ish era dramas (I'm thinking Dangerous Liasons and Valmont), and it looks so elegant. Not in vogue now, really, and more associated with children as you say, but I'm interested to experiment anyhow.

It sure would be "in vogue" in my pearl book!

Back