The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

love all of these! right now i don't have any single strands of white pearls, as i gave my pretty little snow white strand to my mom on a whim. i loved dressing it up, though, and just looking at all these i think i may have to make myself a nice white strand sometime soon...

Love the preppy look :cool: The combination of pearls worn with your plaid shirt and coat is fabulous! Especially love your PP strand, it is a perfect size and length on you.

Thanks, LitGeek! I like the length, too (it was the first pearl necklace I bought (after buying my sister a slightly smaller mm size, and deciding I wanted something bigger ;)), and not even that long ago...), and definitely need to wear it more. Thanks again to Pattye for the kick!

And here is the full effect:

IMG_0556.jpg

There must be special gizmos to easily add and remove pendants from a strand, right? Could anyone point me in the right direction?

btw, sphinx, i absolutely adore this latest photo shoot with plaids, pearls, sorels, and snow, btw. your philosophy on plaids is one to which i hold. also it goes for tweeds. can't mis-match tweeds. not possible.

man i need some white round pearls.

Love the way you mixed your plaids too, your whole outfit is quite fabulous!

There was a thread on another forum where this "hanger" was posted. I think it is what you are looking for? The OP has both sizes, but if you are looking for your 8mm strand I would think the small would be perfect.

https://www.bellafindings.com/2344/14kw-7x14mm-hanger.html

OK WAIT i do have white (ish) strands. this is a 46" vintage baroque akoya strand that tends towards the golden more than the white, but still, a rope that requires attention.

dressing them up with a big ol' brooch is something i've so wanted to do, but had no brooch suitable. until today. micromosaic vintage brooch came in the mail. now playing with pearls:
IMG 4649
IMG 4650
IMG 4651

and maybe just choker-style...with SSP earrings i made from a bracelet i took apart!
IMG 4652

or 10mm PP Metallic Whites...?
IMG 6242

and lastly, does it go with my costume triple strand? (no, but is fun to wear!)
IMG 6243

yes, yes i am. :) however, i will wear all shown styles within the next 72 hours, i guarantee it. out in public where i can be seen, even! (already wore them knotted in front on Sunday, garnered compliments, my son's being the best: "mama, your pearls are tangled...but it looks pretty!")

Just what I was looking for, thanks for the links Pattye and LitGeek!

(and "tomboy princess" is such a great description. I am going to borrow that ;))

And juliebeth: Long live costume strands.

juliebeth Haha, I hope you never outgrow your desire to play dress-up with pearls! Loving that akoya rope. That brooch looks very interesting...I would love to see some close-ups!

Today I wore just over 10 feet of my 144" PP white rope (which was made in three sections -- short, medium and long):

PP rope over paisley.jpg

BAS, that is indeed an awesome strand! ten feet of pearls, wow. are you able to stop yourself from telling everyone you see that it is TEN FEET OF PEARLS!? i would not be able to resist! (i mean, i love bragging on my 42" akoyas and my 5' white pearl rope)

HOLY COW i have a 5' white pearl rope i completely forgot about. got it ages ago from johanna @ tenderbeautypearls for pennies on the pearl (she was selling off stock) and it was early enough in my pearl career that i put it carefully somewhere safe and promptly forgot about it. i will dig it out and give it some use. it's gorgeous near-round FWP and now i know i don't have to be NEARLY so careful with it. what was i thinking?!?!

LitGeek, closeups of brooch:

1.21.1412.jpg
1.21.1414.jpg

More places to look for high quality enhancers? I'm thinking of the sort of high carat gold that will make a pendent look much more valuable. I'm looking for ones that can have interchangeable pendents. It the pendent is substantial, do you look for an enhancer with a Y shape, so two hanging pieces to balance the load?

What do the very expensive pieces that we admire handle it? I can see hitting the art history books again for ideas, too..

Back