The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

Funny you should post this, I just tried out something new with a long rope of off-white pearls this weekend!

This is so warm and organic! It's somehow extravagant and approachable at the same time to me, which is an irresistible combination. Love it!

So pretty Karin! So sorry to hear you lost your akoyas. Love the contrast of the dark and light pearls! Is that your Kamoka strand?

Battah What a lovely and feminine pairing.

Thanks so much, ladies! Karin, sorry about your akoyas :(

BAS, I'll have to measure them for you tonight with calipers, but I think the whites are about 4mm? They're pretty small. I'll check the length, too. It's over 100", since I can wrap it 5 times easily.

So pretty Karin! So sorry to hear you lost your akoyas. Love the contrast of the dark and light pearls! Is that your Kamoka strand?

Yes, it's the Kamoka strand. At least I didn't loose that! And at least the akoyas were $400 slightly baroque vintage ones. Sadly they are also both golden and affordable.

- Karin

Karin, I'm sorry to read that you lost those beautiful golden colored akoyas! I'm sure you've looked all over....:(

What do you think happened? You had restrung them, I recall. Did you use the original clasp-- could that have broken?

I had restrung with a lovely old brass clasp I got from Sarah when I visited her. She was also the one I bought the pearls from in the first place. One day I was wearing the pearls as a bracelet - just the right length for twice around the wrist - and when I got home the bracelet was gone. I've double checked clasps since that day.

I know Sarah has more vintage akoyas but other expenses has taken priority and so I haven't asked her what she has left.

- Karin

Yes, it's the Kamoka strand. At least I didn't loose that! And at least the akoyas were $400 slightly baroque vintage ones. Sadly they are also both golden and affordable.

- Karin

Oh no! That makes it even harder to bear losing I am sure. I bet when the time is right you will find something equally as beautiful!

So you all in the white men's shirts~are you taking The Man's shirt? Do you buy a new one close to your right size? Is it an oversize look?

Here are two different style examples from Madewell.

"Boyshirt"

"Oversized"

I got my first "boyfriend" shirt years ago from Sundance Catalog. Sometimes they are referred to as "workshirts" too. I like the more fitted style worn tucked in with a belt and boots or with a cashmere sweater over it. I love the oversized style worn out with skinny jeans and ballet flats. This is my traveling basic...it is so comfortable you feel like you are in pajamas, haha. Just throw a wool wrap in your carry-on and you are good to go

You can pretty much find them anywhere now. You could check out Nordstrom :) LLBean, LandsEnd, etc. You could also get a real men's shirt. I am much too tiny to wear my Husband's or believe me I would try :eek:

I don't think this really counts as a "white round pearl necklace", but it's very white, they ARE pearls, and they're "roundish". My PP white ripples:

Attachments

• PP white ripples with red top.jpg
    PP white ripples with red top.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 34
BAS, those are always worth looking at and admiring - and certainly not boring! :)

BAS That most certainly should count. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Back