The pearl that got away

nnguye20

So I've been eyeing for SoC loose pearls on the main Perlas de mar de Cortez for a while, and seems like I've always been a step too late. I missed out 2 pearls that I really wanted to buy already, the latest one was a copper-colored in the picture, and another one was a C grade but was huge and seemed to have great overtones, which I forgot to screenshot and now even the picture is gone :(
What is your "pearl-that-got-away"? I hope to share your pain and regrets. And if someone bought those pearls, please post so we can see them IRL. Thank you <3

Attachments

• Oval Baroque Gem   9 mm Orange Copper Cortez Pearl   Perla Naranja Cob – Mexican Cortez Pearls.jpg
    Oval Baroque Gem 9 mm Orange Copper Cortez Pearl Perla Naranja Cob – Mexican Cortez Pearls.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
nnguye20, Why not give the site a email. They have lots of pearls that are not on the site. I give them some sizes and colors I am looking for and I get photos emailed to me with what's in stock.

nnguye20, Why not give the site a email. They have lots of pearls that are not on the site. I give them some sizes and colors I am looking for and I get photos emailed to me with what's in stock.
:eek: I didn't think about that! Thanks lilliefuzzysocks!

Second to what lilliefuzzysocks said, Nnguye20. Douglas and his team are very friendly, easy to work with and helpful. I'm sure they can find you a dreamy pearl :) I'd photo my couple loose ones, but I'm sooooo bad at camera work, sigh ... and yes, I have a couple SOC loose pearls that "got away", but no photos. The one I really regret is one that was a light green/hints of gold, with a shape like Saturn with its rings ... and I had 2 chances to get that one and missed it both times!

I agree with the advice above, and just want to add that I think you are wise to hold out for a gem grade pearl. Unless, of course, the color is rare and makes up for it. The one on the left is gem grade, the one on the right is not. It took me another year of searching before I found another SoC pearl worthy of putting together with these two into a pendant.

SoC_8605.jpg

I sort of miss/regret not getting a small lot of light blue tahitians from Jac, they were AA+/AAA quality and 8-9mm size, but at the time I wanted bigger pearls. I did get my blue strand in the end, but I still have doubts "whether those ones would be bluer" :D
Blues.jpg

There have been plenty of necklaces and earrings posted on PP, and Kojima which I've lusted after, and just couldn't justify buying at the time. Many one of a kind pieces.

I also wonder who got that beautiful copper SoC.... I was eyeing on that too. It's a very special color indeed.

Pareltje's SoC keshi bracelet is my "pearl that got away" ;)

MSC LOL... Actually I was looking for a few SoC keshis to turn into a tin cup bracelet/necklace. But then I saw that bracelet, hesitated for some time but finally pulled the trigger when it was discounted. I never regret that I purchased that bracelet.
There was also a pair of strong blue/purple colored SoC mabes on the website of Douglas, they are on my "pearls that got away" list. Not to mention many more from Kamoka LOLOLOL....

Last edited:
MSC LOL... Actually I was looking for a few SoC keshis to turn into a tin cup bracelet/necklace. But then I saw that bracelet, hesitated for some, time but finally pulled the trigger when it was discounted. I never regret that I purchased that bracelet.
There was also a pair of strong blue/purple colored SoC mabes on the website of Douglas, they are on my "pearls that got away" list. Not to mention many more from Kamoka LOLOLOL....

Pareltje that bracelet was stunning and you made a great choice! I wonder who was the vendor that sell it? Was that from Ehret?

Second to what lilliefuzzysocks said, Nnguye20. Douglas and his team are very friendly, easy to work with and helpful. I'm sure they can find you a dreamy pearl :)

I find that asking Douglas straightaway gets you first dibs on the latest batch of SoCs. Sometimes, Douglas shows off his new inventory on Linkedin--that's how I found my holy grail mabe necklace. I pounced on him before he could repost his photos on PG.

So many pearls that got away were tahitian pearls from Ehret, Druzy Design.

Nooo I found this great item from Pearl Society but I was out-bidded in the last minute! I lost when I was brushing teeth and preparing my bed to sleep! This hurt so much!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-26-23-18-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-23-18-55.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 42
Kojima had a gorgeous 40" rope of ombre' Tahitians last week. I really couldn't afford it, but I thought if it's still there on sale day, 29-Apr-2018, I'd buy it. Of course, I knew it wouldn't last that long. Sigh. Temptation is gone, but I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

Kojima had a gorgeous 40" rope of ombre' Tahitians last week. I really couldn't afford it, but I thought if it's still there on sale day, 29-Apr-2018, I'd buy it. Of course, I knew it wouldn't last that long. Sigh. Temptation is gone, but I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

You can always ask Sarah to create another one for you, BWeaves. Oh I saw other pretty things on her website, just added recently.

Just wonder, so Kojima has sale days? How I can find out about that? Is April 29 gonna be a big sale day?

Just wonder, so Kojima has sale days? How I can find out about that? Is April 29 gonna be a big sale day?

If you go to the Kojima website, it's announced on the main page.
You can get on their mailing list for an advanced announcement.

Back